Sunday, June 26, 2016

6/26/16 Welcome to the World of Cutting!!

So... I finally did it. On June 24 of 2016. 9 months and 2 days after I came into the mission field. I finally finished my Language pass offs. On June 26 @ 10:00 PM I started learning characters, borrowing characters from Elder Aldridge, On June 27 @ 11:00 AM I have finished 100 characters! hahaha I don't know! Characters are so much fun, but its helped my understanding of the Language so much more!! Hahaha but hey! I still can't read anything yet, but its coming right!!?? Anyways so that was a pretty good emotional booster for the week! ANYWAYS! That was a fun Announcement! Watch out Mom and Dad, you might be Natives, but I'm planning on having better characters than you ;) Hahhaha Just kidding. Anyways super good week!!!

So this week had a lot of cool and amazing things that happened! Of course, as the weeks usually come, it started a little bit slow, we had district meeting on a Wednesday, usually on a Tuesday, but there was a weird meeting on Tuesday, so that threw me off hahaha, but yeah we were able to meet with the bishop with all of our records and we spent like 2 hours going through all of them and the Less actives and how we can find them and help strengthen them! IT was super cool! The bishop is a boss!!! It was definitely long, but we already are seeing the blessings from it this week!!

When we met with him, he just told us who was Less active and who was Part member, and that night we were able to already get a ton of them scheduled! So this week will be a full week! so its super exciting... The ward here is the BEST!! Last Sunday, we were called to speak in sacrament Meeting about a night before, so we didn't have too much time to prepare, but the bishop told us we would be fine, haha. So, pretty much Elder Petersen and I just said "Jesus take the wheel" And Elder Petersen gave the most powerful talk that I have ever heard in my life!! SO powerful hahaha. But yeah, the Ward got all excited about the work and started scheduling us as well, so things are looking really really really good!

Anyways, fun time~~~ We got invited to a Family Home Evening, once again with Sister Chan, she is an absolute boss!! Haha but it was super cool, they talked about home teaching, and visiting teaching, Mainly because there were mostly relief society sisters there. But they were all super powerful about going to do their callings. It was a really fun time!! 

Yeah. So this weeks email wasn't super exciting. Sorry about it!!! -_- haha but I love you guys!! 

Love,
Elder Chen
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment