Sunday, June 12, 2016

9/21/15 Leih Hou!!

Hey guys!

So this week was pretty crazy.  Something happened that kind of really sucked but had a really good ending.  So, what happened was Sister Gibson has a torn meniscus and was planning on getting a root canal, and she was just not in good shape this whole stay at the MTC.  So the plan was, that she was going to get here root canal, and there was a possibility of her being required to get surgery on it. So as the weeks went by, we thought everything was fine until one day, she just told Elder Hansen and I that she was getting sent home. She left just this past Thursday, and it kind of a dampener on our week.  It as really hard to see her go home, cuz you could tell that she most definitely wanted to be here.  There was no doubt in her mind that she wanted to be here and she wanted to be the best Sister that she could be.  It really took  toll on our class and Sister Lo (her companion) to watch her have to go home.  However, because of that, our class supporting her, Elder Hansen and I wrote her a letter during our free time, our class has been able to be more unified in pretty much everything.  But watching her go, I realized that God had given me a healthy body. He gave me a body that is strong enough to serve this Mission. So, I really feel like I am expected to do my best, so that is what I planned to do. There is more motivation to be the best missionary that I can be. I am so excited to be serving and I am so happy that I can be a part of this work! I am healthy, and I am terribly happy :) haha I love it here.

Anyways! I SAW DAD AT THE TEMPLE! Haha it was so good to see him, I am so happy that he is doing work there! It really is an amazing place, I look forward to going to the temple every week because its just like a huge high, even being on the temple grounds is amazing.  I encourage all of you to go to the temple, cuz there is so much that can be learned there! It its so very very very very amazing!

So Anyways, this week was pretty exciting. We have had a few lessons with our teacher Investigators, A-Jung, and CiCi. For A-Jung, we just had a second lesson, we got him to understand God (Sahn/TinFu) and Jesus Christ (Yesu Geduk) and Yeuksat Simat (Joseph Smith) the we committed him to read the Book of Mormon (Moyimunging) idk how to spelll the Pinyin haha. Sorryyy... Then for CiCi, She already wants to be baptized, so we set up a baptismal date, and we are preparing her slowly, but we have no idea how to get her to keep commitments, if any of you guys have tips haha that would be amazing :) haha. But anyways, I love our teachers, Brother Johnson (Jong Hindai) is super super cool, he is so good at teaching, and Idk, he really really has helped me here at our time in the MTC. Kuok JiMoih (Sister Kuok) Is super cool as well, she started as our very very first investigator (A-yan) and when we had our last lesson with her, she came into our class room and we had another teacher which was kind of really weird haha. But I love role Playing, if you take it seriously, it gets to the point where you dont see the person you are teaching as your friend or your teacher, you see them as an investigator you are trying to help and I have probably learned more from role playing than from just class.

There was a role playing experience that I had this week which was amazing. We played as less active members, and people who were close to us that we want to help. So I played the role of one of my really good friends who had lost his way.  As i was getting taught, It really was hard to not cry, because the missionaries that were teaching me (Elder Stone and Elder Daplin) knew exactly what to say that I needed, I realized after that little role play that we all need the gospel in our lives, what ever situation that you find yourself in, whatever doubts you may have, The gospel can help, I learned that, and I am so excited to help the people of Hong Kong Find that the Gospel really does change lives.

Umm I am trying to think about any fun stuff that happened this week haha. Elder Smith is our new district leader, and Elder Jensen is now the senior comp haha :P it is pretty dang great haha I love elder smith and I think he is more than qualified for this position. Idk he is just super intelligent and he really knows how to lead something. Then, with elder Jensen being the new Senior comp, I dont think anything will change that much, cuz we just took turns leading studies, and discussions so it will be cool. 

Oh one of the scriptures taht i found during my personal studies was James 1: 19-20, I was just reading the context of the scripture James 1:5 and i really really really liked it. It talks about being fast to listen, slow to speak, and no rage, or something like that. I really liked that because it applies to everything, For investigators, one of the most important things we learn to do, is to listen to the needs of the investigator, slow to speak, meaning, we need to take the time to let the spirit prompt us. and no rage, meaning that we can't get frustrated at any investigator at all... 

Sad day, cuz Elder Spadafora left haha :( so did Elder Ethan Sherman :( hahaha They were always super fun to hang out with during the little free times we have, haha I  know they are going to kill it on their missions. I love them and I look up to them so very much :) and I am super excited to reconnect in two years :) haha

Anyways! This week was really really good, I will try to think of more fun stories this week, but Im gonna try and get some pictures out here in a second, if it doesnt work, just know Im doing my best to get you guys lots of them haha :) I love you guys :)

Love,
 Elder Jonathan Chen

Needs:
My flower tie (Yui Ties)
Try to find a Tri Collumn Cantonese book of mormon that would be amazing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment