Sunday, June 12, 2016

10/12/15 Baggy Eyes and Travel Plans

FLIGHT PLANS FLIGHT PLANS FLIGHT PLANS!!!

Ngoh Deih Wuih Huei Heung Gong!!!

T- 7 Days till we leave the MTC and are going to Hong Kong #NoMoreBowelProblems  

Hahaha My Email home is going to be so ADHD but its going to be so great I am so so so so stoked.

Anyways its been an exciting week haha I am trying to think of stuff to write but honestly I got nothing haha. but I know a whole bunch of fun stuff has happened haha.  This week we really focused on making goals, Elder Jensen and I, my journal has been filling up so fast it feels so cool :) haha I have been so good at journaling I am so proud of my self hahaha :)  But anyways we have just made goals to make ourselves better more concentrated and consecrated missionaries and when we push ourselves to make goals you really can feel the difference it is super super super awesome :) I feel like I am becoming better at feeling the spirit as I teach in Gwong Dong Wa! haha :) I think its super important to acknowledge the spirit, and do our best to invite the spirit, that is the only reason that I can speak Cantonese. I know that without starting every class with a prayer and starting our days with a prayer, you can really super find the difference! Haha I really love it.

This week I had a super cool experience. On Monday, It was a really kind of emotional day haha. I just had a lot of thoughts of how the heck am I going to be able to be on my mission and just a lot of doubts in my mind, which was a weird time to have it, cuz General Conference was the day before and I felt such crazy spirit. But anyways I had a lot of not very positive thoughts about my mission.  As we were walking back, Elder Hansen (Joseph the one that you met) he saw how i was acting and how I was a little more quiet and however I was acting, he could feel the difference.  When we were walking back to residence, he stopped me where not a lot of people were. And he just asked me to talk to him.  At that moment, I just kind of poured out all of my thoughts and I kind of felt like a fire hydrant, not that I was crying, but I was saying a lot, and he just listened.  When I was done, Elder hansen just bore his testimony to me about why he was here and it was one of the most strong testimonies, that both of us started to tear up, but I had already been crying a little bit. When he finished, he gave me the biggest bear hug haha. When he did i closed my eyes and this is super like stereotypical Mormon story, but I didnt feel like I was hugging Elder hansen, in that moment, I felt like the Savior literally took all of my thoughts and doubts and he just took them away.  Since that moment, I have never had any thoughts like that or doubts.  I have Elder Hansen's amazing testimony and his amazing spirit to thank for that.

Also, I made it a goal to "Ponderize" a scripture every week, this week it is 3 Nephi 5:13 - Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they may have everlasting life.  I really like this verse because first it makes me feel pretty cool that I get to call myself a disciple of Christ and a messenger of Christ, I am an apostle with a lower case "A" haha you know? In the scripture, it has a foot note that takes us to Moroni 7:2 and it talks about how we have this calling, and through this calling we literally have God Speaking through us. How cool is that!? At the same time as how awesome that is, It is a very serious calling as well, meaning that we need to always have the spirit with us, and always be listening, anyways, thats the scripture I am pondering.  During Personal study, I have been trying to read a chapter or two of the Book Of Mormon, I never really like super studied the Book of Mormon before my mission, but I finished 1 Nephi just yesterday and I am loving it, there is so much wisdom that I missed out on before my mission! Then after i read the Book of Mormon, I study a Christlike attribute that is found in the Preach My Gospel! haha, I have just been going through all the scriptures and quotes by the prophets and I have been trying to find a way that I can apply them to my life and improve myself.  Then I review a Conference talk, this one is kind of my favorite, because I love hearing all of the words of the prophet and the apostles its way cool to find something new every time you read or re read one.

Umm Anyways our investigators are awesome our fake ones which our just our teachers, on Saturday, Elder jensen and I taught a bomb lesson to CiCi (Kuok Ji Muih) She kept all of her commitments and she did them all, we taught way well, and our companionship unity was on point haha.  I felt the spirit during the lesson and Elder Jensen did as well, and in general we were all just way happy about the way it goes.  Something that I learned here, was that the spirit can speak to all of us.  We got stopped by some Spanish Elders and they bore their testimonies to us in spanish which was awesome, I couldn't understand a single word they said but the way the bore it and how simple it was we could feel the spirit, when it was our turn, I dont know, we just bore our testimonies and I could seriously feel the spirit so strongly it was a really cool experience, the MTC is awesome but I am heck-a excited to get out into the field! haha

Anyways! That brings us to FLIGHT PLANS! haha :) and we are going to get our super cool name tags soon as well, the cooll thing about them is that they are going to be both chinese and English, so pretty much we are going to be the coolest elders here. I love it.  So when we leave, we are going to stop at seattle and then to hong  kong! it will be so so so so so Sweet! and from what SISTer Lo has been saying it sounds so good :) Im way excited to go get all that awesome stuff!

Anyways I love you all!
Sawaii Dee CAAAAP
Love 
Elder Chen

Here is a random picture haha! I love elder smith... He reminds me of Big Bird from sesame street.  Um the shirts are matching because wone of the sisters in our zone, her mom owns a shirt printing thing and she printed out shirts for all of us... Pretty cool

No comments:

Post a Comment