Sunday, June 12, 2016

3/30/16 "Thank You Mr. Chen For Translating" ~ Mr. Au

So hey!! I am back!! We had temple day, and as always it is the best day... Ever. Anyways. So these last two weeks have just been filled with super super super super super super super super super super super cool! Full of Miracles! Full of just pure Awesomeness! I truly love it here in Sha Tin, Up in the TOLO HARBOR ZONE!! WHAAAT!?!? Hahaha I've been here for a little bit now, and I think I am starting to get a hang of the area now.

But anyways... For the Title of the email, so we had a turn over lesson with the Tai Wai Elders (Elder Powell, and Elder Taylor... Both super white) and this man's name was Mr. Au. We met him at the Subway station, and we were just talking and this whole time, he just calls me "Chan Saang" (Mr. Chen) Haha, so we have about a half hour lesson with them, and Elder Powell and Elder Taylor, are absolutely Killing this lesson, like it is the best thing, but Mr. Au, the Whole time just looks at me. #ABCProbs. Hahaha and at the end of the lesson, we close, and thank him for the time, and out of no where he just says. "Thank you for giving me this awesome revelation, and thank you Mr. Chen for translating for these gwai louhs (Translation: Ghost People, Meaning: White people) Hahaha so, not sure how, my mouth wasn't moving that whole time, but, I guess I am translating! Hahaha look at that, gift of tongues right?? Haha that tends to happen a lot actually, Elder Walker and I will be having a street contact, and the whole time, the person only looks at me! Hahaha its super funny sometimes! Good stuff! Sorry I just keep telling these stories that are so funny to me, but make at least no sense to any of you who read it, so sorry.... You get these emails...

So This week was super cool, cuz it was EASTER!?!? Right?? it was easter Sunday this past week... Right? hahaha no, yeah it was super cool because last week, it literally rained pretty much every day, haha, and then the day before easter, it became the most beautiful day I have ever seen, like finding was perfect, it was so beautiful outside, I wish I took pictures, but anyways, Easter was also beautiful, and then the day after Easter was beautiful, and then it got all rainy again... But that was cool cuz CHRIST LIVES!!! On the reals though, its true, I can't say it enough, and its incredible to me and it is still incredible to me that every time I hear testimony of Him or bear testimony of Him, it just makes me feel so amazing.

Anyways this week we had a ton of cool things, like Temple day, and we had quarterly interviews with President Lam, it happens once every two transfers, and it was so incredible, President Lam is the coolest, ever, haha. I just sat down and had revelation poured onto me from the wisest man alive! Super cool 

Haha, so yeah, no its been a killer week, there has been just so much! Oh! Yeah, so remember the 94 year old man we take sacrament to, Brother Lee, its super cool, cuz every time, he tells us so many amazing stories that makes us so happy, its super fun! Some times I don't completely understand what he says, cuz he is a "Hong Kong Person" and I am not hahaha, but he tells these stories, that I only get like 80% of on a good day, but most of the time they are super cool, hahaha, and he loves me, cuz pretty much every time we go over, he tells one story every time about some time when he had an encounter with a tiger? Not super sure. But he then says to Elder Walker and he says "Hey, Elder Walker, if you had that kind of encounter with a tiger, he would eat you" Hahaha super funny, he's the coolest old man ever. :) Anyways, but he has the coolest testimony and I love hearing it every week.

Yeah! So This last sunday was also Ward Conference! Super super super super good, our Bishop, Bishop Tse, bore the sickest testimony, and so so so much spirit there, they focused on Keeping the Sabbath day Holy, and it was so much power, it was really cool. Sorry, this email is super scatter brained, I am standing up in an apple store, and I kind of need to pee... But, I will do my best to give you a good end of the email.

So, While we were at Brother Lee's house, he talked to us about missionary work, cuz he is super boss. But he was just like, "When you see anyone on the street, don't judge them, if you have a hard time with investigators, don't judge them, because EVERY Single person in the world, has God in their hearts, even if its so small, God is in their hearts, and that is what you are looking for" When i heard that, it was really cool to me, because it gave me a new way of looking at the people here. It truly is amazing, I love it, and I found that its true, it has been a really good experience for me to learn about missionary work from a member. 

Anyways!! I love you All, thanks for all the support, Love you.

Love,
Elder Jon Jon Chen

TEMPLE DAY (District)
TEMPLE DAY (OLD Macau homies




No comments:

Post a Comment