Sunday, June 12, 2016

2/10/16 Tolo is in my Blood

So, These past two week have been absolutely crazy, with a mix of packing and coming to a new area.  I got the move call on Saturday, super good, I am now serving in Sha Tin, with Elder Walker, he was in my MTC group, haha so this should be an interesting adventure haha :) But so, remember Elder Lui? This is his home ward, and If I am here until April, I will be able to see his homecoming, hahaha, also, remember Brother Chan? Haha The one in the hospital? This is also his area, so I am going to be able to still see him, and that made me so much happy that I can't even grammar. 

So we can start with my last week in Macau, it was so special, and I saw so many miracles, A-houh, so we have been trying to get his mom to sign his baptismal form, and she hasn't given him permission until he is 18, at first when I heard that, it made me a little sad, but we continued to meet with him. And in these weeks that he had been pushing with his mom, I have truly been able to see him grow in the Gospel, as he had been pushing with us, I think he was able to develop a habit of praying and daily scripture study, and it really showed in how he carried himself :) and it really made me happy, he promised me that he would keep meeting with missionaries, and that he would email me, and he already has :) So sorry if this Email is a little shorter.

Anyways, now for the the adventure of this transfer, so on Monday, we had come back to Hong Kong for our Zone conference, with the Hong Kong Island Zone, We watched a world wide Missionary broadcast which was super super super super super super super super super good, like way good Elder Bednar is straight up a boss, haha and Elder Oaks is super super super awesome too, they gave trainings in the broadcast and it was super super powerful. They got us all motivated to be super good missionaries haha and they like super encouraged Member Missionary work, so thats what we made a goal to do. Anyways, after the Conference, I got to wait in the office, for my new companion, Elder Walker, to come get me. as soon as he walks into the doors, he says "Alright... Uh... So, we have zone 24's right now, so we need to Hurry to the Tai Po Chapel, so get a suit case and we gotta go" Haha so we go to the chapel, and my companion for the day.... ELDER HANSEN!!! Hahaha I peed I was really excited, haha so I went and spent my first day in Tolo Harbor with Elder Hansen (My very best friend from the MTC) Yeah I feel super Hahng Fuk  (Blessed) haha anyways, we just like tore it up and he is tearing it up in Tai Po, its super powerful here.

So now I am actually in my area, haha we live in a mall, and even though our apartment isn't as big as our apartment in Macau, I live with two elders that were in my group at the MTC and my district leader from Chai wan (Elder Powell) and he is so funny, so I felt super blessed cuz I didn't have to adjust as much this time haha. But I am really excited to start the work here. Anyways, Yesterday, I was able to watch the broadcast twice, and let me tell you, it was even better the second time :) haha so much power, and it was good to see a ton of my buddies from the MTC haha its some good stuff. 

So I guess Tolo is in my blood :) Haha Elder Gillis served in Tolo, so maybe I will stay for a while :) haha but I already love it! We go running with the apartment every morning which is super fun, haha. Super good stuff. 

Anyways, this week I have been trying to write down lots of quotes cuz I have been falling behind, but one of the things they talked about the Missionary Conference was about losing pride, and because of Vicky, I now how a beautiful quote from Uncle Iroh, "Prince Zuko, Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source. True Humility is the only antidote to shame" ~ Uncle Iroh, anyways it works in my mind... Super fun stuff, some enlightenment from Elder Chen, haha anyways! Love you guys, Miss you guys, Don't do drugs, or any illegal substances cuz thats breaking the Word of Wisdom... Love you.

Love,
Elder Chen

Picture: My day with Elder Hansen AKA, the best day of my life

Picture 2: My new apartment :) We all have a good time.  
MY apartment. Elder Walker is the one without a suit.

Picture 3: Also If you were all wondering how I type my emails.... 






No comments:

Post a Comment