Sunday, June 12, 2016

9/14/15 The Disease

Guys Week 4 and I'm alive!!! 

So you're probably wondering about the title of this email. So here is an incredible story and its pretty funny. I lied about the funny part... Anyways. I started this week with a little bit of a cough and a sore throat. As the week progressed, my symptoms got worse and worse and on wednesday, I just felt like super not great hahaha. So I go and check my temp and I am at 96 degrees. Literally two hours later, I'm not feeling any better so Elder Jensen and I go to the front to call a doctor, they take my temp and I am at 100.00 degrees. So I am febrile, and they give me lots of ibuprofen and send me on my way. The next morning (Thursday). I get up and It hurts to just move, like I feel crappy crappy, so I go to the doctors. I am at 103 degrees with a sinus infection and some sort of bacterial infection.  This whole time, I didn't even think to get a priesthood blessing.  But anyways, they prescribe me pseudoephed and Amoxicillin so I can get better, then I ask for a blessing. And I dont know if it was the priesthood blessing or being jacked up on  lots of drugs, but it literally just went away the next day. I feel amazing. Still taking my medication and propolis, and getting lots better. But I know that priesthood blessings work! If you have someone like Elder Jensen Giving you a priesthood blessing hahaha. 

Other than that experience, literally everyday at the MTC you see even more how true the church is. It truly is incredible! I love this Gospel and I love how God is working through me to do his work. It really is an amazing feeling. 

On a more exciting note, Elder Arnett from the other cantonese district arranged a piece to "A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief" for a violin and a piano duet, it is literally so beautiful. Ill try and send home a recording but I have been practicing it with elder Jensen in our additional study times. Another musical experience, is Elder smith, the tall one in my room, he sang in a barbershop choir/Quartet, so he got a few of us from our district and we started singing hymns barber shop style, and if i do say so myself, we sound dang good! hahaha. Not gonna lie, We sound like a bunch of man angels.

So you pick up a bunch of things that your companions and your friends do from the MTC, cuz youre around them so much. Elder Cornellis, whenever he says stuff he does this weird hand motion thing... Like his hands start to spazz out its hilarious. But literally our whole district does it now cuz of him... it's kind of funny, allof us are so weird in our own little ways that its awesome!

We started Acting like investigators for each other the other day, my name is A-Jon Jon, I am superstitious, I play basketball, I like to read, I don't believe in God, and I heard somewhere that LDS people kill animals in sacrament meeting, so I refuse to go to the meetings.  haha it was kind of fun to develop a character, but then I had to become them.... In cantonese.... It was funny... but not really... Honestly idk why I typed it but if i took it out of the email then it would be a wasted paragraph so there you go....

Um. The laotians in our district left today :'( haha they gave me inheritance, of a chicken that poops candy, and a Hot Wheels Track.  I am going to miss them so much, Elder Jeong, Ahau and NAPHAIVONG,I dont remember how to spell it, but he broke dance and he was crazy good, so we had a lot to talk about, music, dance, and I could go on for days, we just talked one time until like 11;00... doesnt sound like late.... But it is...

Sorry I am telling you guys a bunch of random stories that you don't care about hahahhaa. well umm I found a bunch of Amazing verses that I like pertaining to faith. I encourage all of you to read them cuz they are amazing. To me at least..

D&C 84:85 - The Spirit will tell you what to say
D&C 100:5 - The Spirit will Guide you
3 Nephi 13: 14-15 - Forgive others and then God Will Forgive you.
D&C 88:63 - Draw nearer to God and He will draw nearer to you.

I Have a ton more that I will share later.  But I don't like typing scriptures in hahaha but I really hope you study them, cuz I have, and they really helped me through the week. It has been incredible. 

Anyways, I hope that I continue to stay alive, haha of Course I will. I absolutely love it here. but I love you all! Keep writing me!! I miss you guys and I love you guys! :) Keep the Faith!!

God Bless,
Elder Jonathan Chen

No comments:

Post a Comment