Sunday, June 12, 2016

6/12/16 Finding Lines

Haha. Good week guys!! once again, this week has been a new and totally amazing week! Haha Its a good day when youre exhausted right?? ;) So this week has been so full of finding, because before Elder Oquist left, all of his investegators got baptized and we have been working with a lot of new investegators, which werent too many, haha. Anyways this week for some reason a lot of them just kind of dissapeared, thankfully we were able to get back in contact with them last night, but up until then we had not a lot of people schedualed. So this week we had so many street contacts and lots of time to find! we had at least 4 hours on the street everyday and, not going to lie, it was hard, Elder Petersen and I worked a lot on having a good attitude for the work, and we met a lot of potentials, and had a lot of street lessons, so we hopefully will be seeing some progress with them! Haha.

Anyways this week was super cool, lots of now things and I definitely had a lot of fun! First off, I went on exchanges with Elder Yeung in Hung Shui Kiu, super fun, we taught a few lessons and it was kind of nice to let him take the wheel for a little bit hahaha. Anyways, the cool thing about Elder Yeung is that he's a native from Hong Kong, so I got to speak 100% Chinese with him, haha he taught me a ton, and I learned a lot of conversational words that I had no Idea existed... So I mean, now we can see that my language still has a lot to go :P Working at it though. Anyways, going and doing something different was super fun, because I mean Tin Shui Wai is so tiny and I guess it was cool to see something different and learn a different style of missionary work! Haha it taught me something pretty interesting, that I To be honest kind of was a cool realization to me, that we are all doing the same work, and as long as we are doing our best, its successful missionary work. Pretty cool, I was able to learn different styles of teaching and see how he worked with the people we taught. Definitely really cool!

So!! This week on Saturday, we had something that was really cool, so our neighbor ward Tin Sau, organized a new english class, focused on New kids, we have been working with this idea for a little bit and it was all kind of in the air, and then we finally did it. We had 28 kids show up, that was incredible, we didn't teach it at the church though, we were in like a little office with a white board and stuff, I'll send a picture next week, anyways... I was able to work with three little kids, Jason, Andy and Oliver. And they were the cutest little humans i have ever seen. Especially Andy, he is from Mainland, and he is super young, but he didn't speak Cantonese, so I had a little bit of a test on my Mandarin, haha but even harder was that he didn't know the Alphabet, and the missionaries were teaching about something a little more advanced. But Anyways, I didn't really realize that he didn't understand anything, until half way through, when other kids were making fun of him. He got a little sad, so I was able to teach him the alphabet. the Letters A, B, C, D, E, F and I made a little game for him and at the end, he mastered the first few letters, and he was just like the happiest little kid. It made me smile. Once again, I don't know why I shared that story, but deal with it... Sorry.

Recently, we have been giving lots and lots of Turnover lessons to the Sisters in Tin Sau (Sister Leonard and Sister Viazzo) it has definitely been a good time. Just yesterday, we were able to turn over an Investegator named A-Lot (Jeff) And his Girlfriend Stacy to the Tin Sau sisters, these two are very special because I met them on my first day in Tin Shui Wai, and just now was able to get in contact with them. I was very kind of angry with Missionary work I guess, because I felt like I deserved to teach him, I loved talking with him and we found a lot of things that we had in common, he danced, he loved games and movies, and I was a little bit upset, because I guess I felt like Elder Petersen and I had been working as hard as we could and we didn't see any success in the area. That night I said an angry prayer, I said something to the effect of "God, I am working hard, I am doing everything that I was taught in training, by Elder Gillis, Everything that I have learned from the missionaries I had served with, and I still feel like I am running this amazing Area into the ground. What am I doing wrong" I then received an answer. Very simple, It was very strong, and it just said Missionary work is all about your attitude, Success is never found in numbers.  It was a good reminder, for me to know that service with a bad attitude is worse than not serving at all. I don't know but its also a reminder to me that Prayer is real, God is Mindful of  us. Thanks guys I love you!

Love,
Elder Chen
陳世偉長老

1. Elder Aldridge and I just walking to the Library to Email... Elder Petersen and Elder Yeung are in the back... Hahaha
2. Elder YEUNG Feat. ElderChens Ugly Face...




No comments:

Post a Comment