Sunday, June 12, 2016

2/21/16 Welcome to Sha Tin.... Pronounced Sha Tin.. Not Satan...

Yeeeaaaah....

HEY GUYS!!! It's been a good week hasn't it??? I feel like time went so fast since last time I was sitting at a computer and emailing you guys hahaha Fun stuff!! This week has been super good! I am getting to know the area pretty well, cuz Elder Walker doesn't know it that well either! Hahaha well better than me at least... Lets just say we got lost together... A lot this week! #TheBestWayToLearnAnAreaIsToGetLostInIt haha TURN UP FOR LONG HASHTAGS!! Anyways, we do this thing, Called the "Wo Che Shuffle" Where we visit a family, who are only free at 8:30 on Wednesday nights... And we teach them until 9:30 and we run home... Why do we run home??? Because there is no bus that comes here.... Well we are faster than the bus... Yeah! But we did that this week, and it was good! I ripped my suit pants... But Luckily, Elder Walker is a seamstress... and he fixed them :) Just like new :) hahaha.

Anyways I freaking love Sha Tin, haha and chinese people, they are the best! Haha So the ward is so awesome haha they all want to learn English super bad, but anyways, there is a guy in our ward, his name is Chan Wai, he calls us every week to go to his house and teach him english and he straight up is the coolest, haha we read books with him, and when we asked him why he wanted to learn english so bad, and he said "I want to be able to listen directly to the prophet" and i was just like.... "WHAAAAT???" So much power, seriously I love him to pieces and he has the cutest family ever... Super Super Super Powerful! Hahaha. Also There is another member, Derek Au and he is pretty boss, he served in Hong Kong Like a year ago and is going to Hawaii to study at BYU, haha but we help him with his homework, haha he is super funny anyways... Super good service opportunities! YEAH! Anyways... I realize that I write "Haha" A lot in my emails haha. But its habbit.. Texting Killed me before my mission.... GET OFF YOUR PHONES!! Haha....

Anyways, so on Saturdays, we have an English class for all the people who want to study for their like College Entrance exam or something, anyways we have that, and we also have a Baking class.... Yes... A baking class... This week , The Sha Tin Elders were teaching it. First we have one problem... Its a baking class, and second... The Elders are teaching it... Do you understand the problem here?? The third problem... Is that there is no recipes... So, ELDER WALKER AND ELDER CHEN ARE TEACHING BAKING CLASS... So we decided to make, Cookies... No, Not from scratch, but from a bag... We taught people how to make cookies from a bag... But another problem arose... We had no Butter... Cuz dairy is really expensive here... So being the resourceful elders that we are... We put two extra eggs in the mix. it looked like cookie dough, like it looked good until we put it in the oven... And... Cookies didn't come out.... Yeaaah... We decided to scrap the Baking Class... Yup. That was the story... 

Ok... So, anyways, to missionary work... haha this next story will be about missionary work, anyways, so remember Lincoln, The one from last week, super intellectual and just super smart at taking things apart and like asking really good questions. Since Elder Walker and I didn't want to be wrong in any aspect of doctrine, we called our Mission President, President Lam to come fellowship us. He was free that day, so he came along, and came with Sister Lam as well... The Lesson starts, we do small talk... We introduce Lincoln to President Lam, and just immediately, President Lam says "Lincoln, You remind me a lot of me before I was baptized" and Lincoln was a little confused, but then President Lam started sharing his conversion story and the whole time Elder Walker and I were just looking at each other having a mind conversation "THIS IS SWEEET" "POWERFUL" anyways, the spirit was super strong, and President Lam pretty much answered Lincoln from the top of his head, every question he had about doctrine, super good.  Haha I was happy :) 

We have been working a ton with members, cuz we had a zone conference on member missionary work haha, and Elder Walker and I have been able to surprise visit a ton of members and just get the Ward excited about missionary work, so I am super excited to work with the ward. It has been really good to get to know all the memebrs and stuff, they are all so good and they really are all just Rockstars! haha like seriously, so much power! Haha I love it here. Haha, I love you guys! And I miss you guys. Also If you want to hear anything in my emails, just let me know cuz I am really bad of thinking of stuff to write.... So sorry about that!! 

Love,
Elder Chen.

This picture is pretty random... Elder Powell has a selfie stick. And I missed selfies so, here is a selfie stick selfie

So This is the prayer drum... Everytime before  we say a prayer, we must beat the prayer drum... It brings Companionship Unity... Pray

 


No comments:

Post a Comment