Sunday, June 12, 2016

12/20/15 12/20/15

So I got moved last transfer, to literally the "Las Vegas of Asia" and thats like not even a lie, pretty much Macau is what you would expect in an action movie plus more Asian people, it is kind of the best thing ever. Haha Anyways, My companion, Elder Lui, He is a native from Hong Kong, so he only speaks Cantonese to me. I live with Another Native, Elder Lee, and An English Elder, who's chinese and glory defy all description... So literally, I haven't spoken more than a few Sentences of English for 4 days now... Sometimes its frustrating, but usually, its pretty good, haha I feel the Chinese within me growing ;) hahaha. Just kidding, but anyways, Elder Lui is absolutely obsessed with Minions, haha its kind of funny. Super random stuff about him haha.
So Anyways, On Wednesday, we went to the temple, and thats where Elder Lui picked me up from, haha we went to go to this harbor, and got on a boat, and then we had like an hour boat ride to macau which was super fun, cuz pretty much the whole Macau zone was there and we just talked the whole time. Haha When we got there, Elder Lui and I came to the apartment and it is like seriously so so so big, haha well compared to the Chai Wan apartment, but when we got there, it was like super messy, so we got settled in, and then did companionship study while we like super deep cleaned it, and now its super good. haha anyways, my zone is so cool, cuz you could probably explore the whole island in like one hour by foot, everything is supe close together, and there is one chapel, where everyone just teaches so every one is always there so the zone unity is awesome!
Everyone in Macau is so nice!! Haha Finding in Macau is literally nothing like Finding on the Island, haha people are so nice here haha! Anyways, Elder Lui and I have an investigator, this is like my favorite human in the world, His name is A-Houh, he is 17 years old and when I first met him, Elder Lui was like, "Hey, A-Houh! Elder Chen is Super Geng at Dancing" So when A-Houh heard it, he just turned on music and wouldn't turn it off until I showed him haha it was kind of funny, so being the good guy that I am :P I danced for him and now I have been teaching him like 5 minutes of dance and the we get all good, he has a baptismal date for the 14th of February, and I really think that he will do it! haha he is super willing and he is so good, but its just his family that needs to let him get baptized, but I love that child with all my heart haha.
So Sorry, this email is going to be a litle shorter this week cuz we need to run, but I'll just ed with this, this week I was really thinking about what God expects of me, I had kind of been feeling like I was working hard but nothing was happenning. And I was reading the General Conference issue of the most recent General Conference and in the talk "It works Wonderfully" By Elder Uchtdorf, he said "We don't need to be 'more' of anything to start to become the person God intended us to become"  I love that, becase I think a lot of times we all expect something more from ourselves than we need to.  Something that I have learned here is that as we try to give ourselves to God, and as we allow him to change us through the Enabling power of the atonement we can become everything that we NEED to be, God did not make us so that we could become a bunch of perfect clones, he created us to fufill the purpose that he has for us.
 
Anyways guys! I love you, Christmas is this week and I hope you all think about how much we can give :) I know with that attitude, life can be so much better! Love you guys, Miss you guys!!!

Love,
Elder Jonathan Chen


 




No comments:

Post a Comment