Sunday, June 12, 2016

5/1/16 The New Prince of Tin Shui Wai!

Hey... So everyone!! Guess what I'm At right now??

4 Transfers... 4 Companions... 4 Areas!! Hahaha Just got moved again!! :P And what can I say? I absolutely love it! SO MUCH CULTURE!! I love it!! SO Fun stuff! We got move calls this last week, and Elder Powell became zone leader, Elder Walker (My Ex-Companion) is now training (Still In Sha Tin) And I got BANISHED! TO Tin Shui Wai (Sky Water Great) haha pretty fun, I'm serving Senior w/ Elder Peterson, he's one transfer below me. So it should be fun! Haha... He's super white... Yeah! Um So The funny thing about this, is that the Elder That I replaced has been serving Tin Shui Wai for FOURTEEN MONTHS!! Holy crap! They titled him "The King Of Tin Shui Wai" So, I guess I'm the prince? ;) haha should be a fun time haha. But Hey, New area! I'm getting pretty good at this whole packing thing :)

So Another cool thing about Tin Shui Wai, is that its the Smallest Area in the world. Apart from Temple square, its the smallest area for missionary work in the world, so thats super super super super super super fun :) We went finding on the first day I got there for about an hour and I pretty much saw the whole area. LoVE IT HERE!

ELDER PETERSON, is one of a kind man, haha he's from Lehi Utah... Therefore he is one of the whitest people I have ever encountered in my life, its pretty neat. Haha a little bit more white than my MTC Companion Elder Jensen. Hahaha, his chinese is way good, he has a really good vocabulary. Super fun to talk to, I sense a good transfer coming up!

Anyways!! So, Miracle of the mission, so I get the move call that I will be going to Tin Shui Wai, so I called the Tin Shui Wai elders to coordinate the move. So I need to back up so you can understand the incredibleness of this story... So Remember Brother Chan? From Macau, the one that had a stroke that we taught for a bit in macau, then he moved to Sha Tin, I got called to follow him to Sha Tin, and then He moved to Tin Shui Wai, so we turned him over to Tin Shui wai and Elder Peterson and Elder Oquist taught him... And when I called them. they said "Hey, Elder Chen, Brother Chan Got Baptized, and he'll be getting confirmed this coming week."  So, this last sunday, I was talking to the Bishop getting His confirmation set up, and I told him about how I followed him around the mission. So we chose someone to do the confirmation, and then he said "This is obviously God's Plan for you to work with Brother Chan, So I want you to come up and confirm him with Brother Siu (The one performing the confirmation) And I don't know, when I was able to take part in it I felt incredible, something I never felt before you know? I am really loving this ward.

So anyways, I'll talk a little bit about my last days in Sha Tin, We taught an investigator named Joe, its a part member family and the kid is hilarious, Elder Walker is going to have a great time with him.. Yeah Haha at first I was a little Salty about leaving Sha Tin, but God Loves me so no worries!!

Awesome Week.. Love it here 

Love,
Elder Chen

Picture 1: Brother Chan!!! TEACHING AFTER BAPTISMAL LESSONS!
Picture 2: New District (From Left: Elder Aldridge (DL/Apartment Mate) Elder Yeung (Native/ Visa Waiter), Elder Peterson (My Companion), Me, Sister Meh, Sister Lo (My Mission Homie) Sister Viazzo/Sister Leonard) Can't remember the last two in order....



No comments:

Post a Comment