Sunday, June 12, 2016

6/5/16 Why did He Make them Fly??? :(

WHY!?!? Hahaha I HATE COCKROACHES... Hahaha especially the ones that are bigger than my hand and can fly.... Ugh... hahahaha so this week, One of my most prominent memories.... Allow me to set this story, in an estate, Elder Petersen and I had just got out of a lesson and we are going home, its about 9:15 and its a warm summer night. So, In these estate, because it rains so much, there is like a hall ways of steel beams that hold up a kind of a roof so that it doesn't rain on us, anyways. So Its really warm, and cockroaches at this time just go where ever they want. SO we are walking to the train stop, and something catches my eye. Its a giant cockroach that is like as long as my forefinger... Oh my gosh, and it was fat, so I point it out to elder Petersen, and we spend a little time agreeing at the hugeness of it... And then the unthinkable happens.... The shell comes off. and out comes wings.... And it flies, a freaking finger is flying through the air... I scream.... scared a few people, and then the even more unthinkable happens. it lands right on the left lens.... of my glasses.... I freak out and it flies away.... I am brought to tears... This whole time Elder Petersen is on the phone with some Mandarin missionaries, who are so confused at what is happening... But yeah... Thats the story of how I got attacked by a cockroach....

Anyways. On a happier note, this week was really good, haha we had a lot of different and special experiences, so This week is all about Tuesday! Haha so we had district meeting... and then we had Nothing, no lessons, no activities, just 7 hours of finding, hahaha, fun stuff... So. We get into our first 4 hours, no problem. its creeping on dinner, and we go to a park for some water fountain action. I drink tons of water. And then I get this urge to let the Stephen Curry inside of me get out... Just right, there are a bunch of students going for it, Elder Petersen wants to play to... SO we jump in, and we are just two dudes in nice clothes playing with some students in jerseys and stuff. But played for about half an hour, and I was really confused... Because it felt like a was raining. But Anyways, more importantly, we met a kid named Edward, super nice kid. Haha a little bit of interest which is always good, but we invited him to our sports night! Super Good.

Anyways speaking of tuesday, that night, after dinner, we are finding once again, and we are in a park, and I hear a faint Bass and snare... And if there is anything I have learned from dancing... Its always go to the bass and snare... it took us to a  little plaza in our area... Where there are just dancers... 2 or three of them... Super funny I get caught staring as we are walking by, and one of them motions for me to come over, "Manta" is his dancer name. But I talk to him for a little, and I asked him why he wanted us to come over, and he was like "Hou Yuhngyi Tai day Cheut leih sik tiu mouh" (Its really easy to see that you dance) Turns out, I didn't even realize it, but as I was watching I started hitting and waving with the beat hahaha. Anyways, we talked to him and exchanged numbers, he invited me to some dance battle, which I obviously won't  be able to attend but he kept inviting me to practices with his "Crew" haha pretty funny, but Potential is potential right??

Anyways super super cool stuff happened this last week, so Hong Kong got split into 6 stakes!! Which means we are going to get a lot more missionaries here!! Super cool!! Its huge, they have had this as a goal for ever! And its finally happening, a lot of things are going to happen in the zones as well, but for now I don't think Hong Kong has enough Missionaries to create 6 new zones, so the mission calls might be blowing up ;) hahaha I'll train you ;) Hahaha jk  haha no but its really cool to see how the church is growing here! people are coming and staying!! I love it!

Anyways, that was my week!! Super fun!!

Love you guys,
Love Elder Chen
Picture 1: Member Visit! Hung family! super nice!
Picture 2: After Basketball finding.




No comments:

Post a Comment