Sunday, June 12, 2016

11/8/15 So Powerful

Another Super super super super awesome week in Hong Kong!

I am trying to write a good email in the Apple store but I can't get my thoughts straight cuz there is music from the real world going on hahaha :P (Ignoring it, because I am Powerful ;)) Hahaha anyways where do I even begin with this week. So anyways, we found investigators! It was awesome. On Tuesday we just did a whole bunch of finding, and we found a ton of fun people! I love just like meeting them, even though I can't understand like any of it haha. Going back once again to the Asian who can't speak Chinese, but I have told enough stories about that haha.  Um Oh I don't know if I talked about it but the one guy, A-Yihn, he just walked into church last sunday, we ended up teaching him a whole bunch and we have him scheduled, he finds the Restoration a little bit hard to believe but he has been accepting it and he rescheduled so we never know :)  Um There were so many I will try to write about all of them! One of them we met, Jason, He was the one who was super curious about why we do what we do and when we do it, we ended up meeting him later and we gave him a baptismal date, cuz Elder Gillis is so powerful. Later we met a suk suk, named peter, he is super funny cuz he will try to speak english only to us, cuz Elder Gillis is white, but he speaks english and we speak chinese, it was kind of funny cuz I was teaching about prophets in the restoration, and he stops me in the middle and just asks, "Elder Chen, What place are you from, your Chinese, it's not Chinese, because you don't have an english accent, but you don't have a mandarin accent either" Haha at first it kind of hurt but then Elder Gillis and I laughed about it a little later, it was super funny. Anyways, we have a super cool 17 year old kid who we met on the Promenade, Robert, he is so cool, he swims, he runs, he plays like 12 instruments, haha and its some good stuff.  Haha we taught him and he is super interested, super powerful :)

Anyways, I am still infatuated by Hong Kong, because it is so amazing! Haha the Food is still so amazing, and it is all safe!! No Taco Bell after effects :) super good :) haha and the city at night is still so gorgeous, haha Hong Kong is still the best mission in the world.  Haha I am learning a whole bunch.  Chai Wan is focusing on their Less actives and it is super good, but the funny thing is, they have a bunch of addresses, but most of the people living there moved out like a million years ago, so I don't know what is going on but I am just following the Bishop, who is super funny by the way, like He reminds me of a more intelligent  Asian Mr. Bean, it is so funny, but he is super good and it was super cool.

Oh my Goodness, Yesterday at church, we had Sister Marriot and Sister Esplin and PRESIDENT Gong just came to our sacrament, They all spoke and it was super super cool! haha, they are so powerful haha It is awesome to see all of them and we got to meet them and just like talk for a little bit and you can tell that they are so like in tune with the spirit and it is seriously the coolest thing. I love it! 

Oh! We had Zone Conference, which is when the zone gets together, and President Lam Presides and they we just had a 5 Hour Devotional and training and it was so powerful, so cool President Lam is the coolest and most intelligent human to ever walk the world it is super cool. They talked about Obedience and Unity it was really cool and then Elder Gillis and I have been just discussing about all that good stuff at companionship study.  

Sorry this letter is super like ADHD... I should have planned what I was gonna write :( sorry about it haha.  Anyways the language is coming a lot better and My SIK Teng is way good :) I am loving it here, Just keep being powerful, whoever you are :) I love you all! Super Good.  Keep the faith because as we draw closer unto Christ,  he will do the same towards us, and it is amazing how he can help us :)  Anyways, I love you all :) I will try and send a more composed email next week but this will have to do for now. God Bless.

Love,

Elder Chen

Picture 1: Highlight of the week, we all got ONESIES!!!  Haha super Cheap and so worth it and can I just say oh my goodness, so comfortable. Celestial Kingdom #ImADinosaur!!

Picture 2: Our room wanted to be more holy, so we made a list of words that we can't say, don't worry we don't have a problem with swearing, but we mad a list of words like "Crap, Gosh, She-Bar etc.) Pretty cool but every time someone says a word they put a tally mark on their card, and the one with the most has to buy everyone in the room Cok Jai Bengs, the super unhealthy waffles with peanut butter and stuff like that, super good.

Picture 3: I woke up one morning to this.... It is the best room ever :) 


Picture 4: New Name tag.... Bask in its glory








No comments:

Post a Comment