Sunday, June 12, 2016

4/10/16 I Just Want to Take off my suit and Eat a Cucumber...

HEEEY HEY HEEEEY!!

Hello err' body! Hahaha don't worry the title of this email has nothing to do with me getting trunky, that doesn't happen, hahaha I am so much happy though. So This week, cuz CONFERENCE WAS SO GOOD! Like I wanted to cry like 30% of all of it, I am straight up a cry baby now... But no, did anyone here the Tabernacle Choir?? THAT WAS SO BOMB! Like seriously, I can't even make words for how amazing it was. Cool SO I'll talk a little about that later.

So here is a story, the week before last week, we went to a park and shop, and they had no veggies, well no vegetables that I knew how to cook, so therefore we had no vegetables, and we just had meat... So much meat... It was kind of gross, Chicken for Daaayyzzz hahaha, anyways this last week, I didn't want to be fat... I got like a small thing of chicken and like about 10 cucumbers. Broccoli, lettuce, all that stuff that I hated before. So, since I had so many cucumbers, I ate cucumbers for comp study and I would have one when I get home after finding. Elder Walker said something pretty funny he said "Elder Chen, Imagine going back to your kid self and saying 'Elder Chen, you are going to be gone for two years and no one is stopping you from buying candy, and ramen and whatever you want, and you are going to want to get Choi'" Yeah...So CHOI FOR DAYYZ is the best :) So cucumbers are my life substance now and I have so much more energy... Weird how that works isn't it.

This week, also was Elder Walkers birthday, so I found every reason to sing to him. He got really annoyed hahaha it was the best. I gave him lots of hugs and love... A ladle full of love that day. Hahaha No but we got him a cake and it was super fun. 

This week was super super super super sick, cuz we have an investigator, his name is A-Key, we found him and turns out his first language is mandarin, but his cantonese is fluent, so we have been trying to turn him over to the Mandarin Elders, but they have been super busy so we have never had an opportunity, but we have met him for like a few weeks, and we invited him to baptism, and he said yeah, and we told him to pray about a date that he wanted to get to. So, this last week he was just like "Yeah, May 15, I think I really want to be baptized then, and I think he can do it, it was really full of the spirit, I felt really good about it. I think he did too, so it will probably be Mandarins investigator, but I was really happy to get to know him and since he lives in Sha Tin, he might even be able to attend Sha Tin Ward so it will be super cool!

This General conference though. I can't even tell you the feelings that I felt, it has so much more meaning when you go in with questions, and it feels like General Conference was formatted just for you, you know cuz everything is just amazing. One of my favorite talks was by Elder Uchtdorf, he is always the best. But Elder Hollands made me cry, I am glad I was sitting in the back next to another member that was crying as well so it was cool :P  Well, Thanks everyone! I love you all!

Love,
Elder Chen

1. Me and my CUCUMBEEEERRRR!!!
2. General Conference Pancakes... :) Shout out to Elder Powells mom for the chocolate chips and pancake mix

Happy Easters. I was the Easter Dinosaur













No comments:

Post a Comment