Sunday, June 12, 2016

2/14/16

What...? Yeah... So.... POWER. Um I freaking love it here in Sha Tin. Sorry its only been like 3 days since last P-Day, so I am not one hundred percent sure what I want to write about, but I have spent these last 3 days, getting to know the area, and with lots of practice... I still get lost in the mall that we live in... ITS HUGE!! Like really... Its so big... Like University mall. But Bigger, it has like 5 floors, of just clothes... I really get confused sometimes... Haha just kidding its coming haha :) I am learning how not to get lost hahaha.
So, anyways, I was super proud of myself, cuz we went to sacrament meeting yesterday, and I under stood like 90% of what was being said, #GiftOfToungues haha its real I swear, and the talks yesterday were so powerful, because Elder Gong of the 70... Thats his home ward, and he gave a talk, it was super powerful, he was talking about like how a lot of people think that the Church has a lot of secrets and they want to know what they are, and he expanded on like what people want to know, but then he stopped, and he said "The Church has a lot of sacred ordinances, and  things that will help us come to Christ, but I will tell you a secret... Yesou... Haih Geduk" (Jesus is the Christ) I don't know why but it was so powerful at the time, I can't exactly like give you that power through the email. Hahaha Sorry about it.
Anyways now. SHAAAAA TIIIIIIN You gotta Love it man, it is so cool over up in this place, haha, and may I just say... That Elder Walker is a very hilarious man... We have a good time :) Anyways, this week was super cool, cuz we got to visit a ton of members, I guess the Elders here (Me, and Elder Walker) Do this thing, where we visit members, share a lesson and a lot of them want to learn English, so we teach them english, but one of the coolest ones was we visted a member in our area, and his name is Chan Wai, and he is so powerful, he just like is so cool, anyways, we sat down and we got talking, and some how his conversion story came up, and he has the coolest conversion story, but he like started crying and it was super powerful. But his son, Michael is so powerful, he is like 12 and  he is just the funniest ever, his English is super funny, he is a Leng Jai.
So Yestderday (Valentines Day) More importantly it was a Sunday, we called Brother Chan, the one that Elder Lui and I taught in Macau, and ever since he has been here he has been in a hospital in kowloon, so it has been kind of hard to visit him, but last night, we got word that he is coming out of the hospital an dit made my life super super super super super happy! Like really though, he is super good, and he can almost walk by himself now, haha. Anyways Another investigator that I met for the first time... Was Lincoln... Now Lincoln, the way he described his job was he was a doctor for businesses, he said "When You are sick, you go to a doctor, when a business is sick, they come to me" pretty much his job is to analyze companies, and if teams are having a hard time, they go to him. Anyways, Last time they had given him a plan of salvation, and he literally just analyzed it to a point that I couldn't even understand, he is so smart, and when we met him, we had like the most intelligent conversation that I have ever ever had... In my life. Anyways, he has a really good desire to learn and its super cool to teach him!
Elder Walker is a funny man... I like him... He makes me laugh. Hahaha  Just kidding really, though, this companionship is so fun, we have a hoot just doing what missionaries do! Haha our favorite thing to do, is to just make situations as awkard as possible with each other... I hope he thinks its funny too... Yeah... He Does... So sorry guys... This email is so bad.... Sorry about it.... Um I'll do better next week... But I'll end it with a quote... This is like my week quote, I found it and I  love it... Here...

"Every man is a diary in which he writes one story while intending to write another. His humblest moment is when he compares the two" ~ Hugh B. Brown

I absolutely love this quote. Because its true, all of us are trying to walk the straight path that has been given to us from the Plan of Salvation, to everything that the Gospel Contains, and it is humbling to look back and see if we are straying from it. I make mistakes everyday, and I strive everyday to be better and become the missionary that God wants me to be. I know that through the atonement, that we can begin to write the story that we intend to write. I love you guys, and I miss you guys, and you are all so powerful! And I feel the support you show me and all the other missionaries! Keep Being amazing!

Love,
Elder Chen

No comments:

Post a Comment