Sunday, June 12, 2016

12/13/15 "Elder Chen will be serving as Junior Companion, Under Elder Lui in....."

Hey Everyone!!!

So This week has been incredible, Like every other week... I will get to the Macau part in a little bit! But This week has been so good, It is Elder Gillis' Last full week so I was doing my best to kill it super hard with him! I love that man! Haha He is seriously such a good Companion, and a trainer, I have been able to learn so much from him, like seriously, the man is like Yoda.... (Star Wars...) Like seriously, every companionship study is like getting smashed with the Spirit... Like straight up.  No Jokes There. Haha He has this book where he puts his thoughts in and like writes everything out, and whenever he pulls it out, you know he's about to drop some hard core wisdom on this... Haha But seriously, I am so happy that I had the chance to serve with him... And He's going to be single when he gets back.... So.... Don't date him till I get back, cuz I want to be at his wedding ;)

Anyways, Brother Dang (Tang) I can't remember how I spell it in my other emails, but he has been super good! He finally committed to read the scriptures everyday, and tonight we are going to see him, cuz he really is ready to get baptized, he is just kind of scared to accept a date, but he is seriously so good! :) Haha Peter, is so so good! haha we have been able to meet with him, and he also committed to read the book of Mormon every day, haha he is so funny! haha He lived in seattle for a while, so he always like speaks English to us, but he is probably the most quoted investigator between Elder Gillis and I. Haha one of my favorite things that he has ever said... So We were talking about his family and his daughter is some sort of doctor, haha and I was just like "Woah, A doctor??? So Sai Lei (Awesome)" and He goes "No, She is just a doctor, a normal doctor, what is so Sai Lei about that" Hahahaha... Now that I am reading that it doesn't sound as funny cuz I can't type with an accent.... The struggle is real.  Hahaha but seriously, I love that man hahaha.

On Sunday, we saw something so amazing Elder Gillis has been talking to me in companionship study, and he was a little worried about how as he's coming to the end of his mission, and he was a little worried that he hadn't been the best missionary that he could be. In Preach my Gospel, It says something along the lines of "You can know you have been a successful missionary when you can feel the spirit working through you" and we were able to see that, that night, We went out for our regular Sunday night Finding and at was about 3 hours long, in that three hours, we had 3 solid contacts, we had them all pray and we scheduled them for another day.  In all of those contacts, Elder Gillis and I definitely felt the spirit, it kind of just helped me know that I had been doing the best I could, and it was honestly such a good feeling! Haha it is truly amazing to see the way that the Lord Blesses those who do his work, I was lucky enough for Him to manifest his Love for me and Elder Gillis like that. 

Anyways... The Moment you have been waiting for... Where did Elder Chen Get transferred to?? Haha So I have to give you guys some background. So we were finding on the promenade, just yesterday, its close to the end of the transfer. So here it comes, we were supposed to get our move calls tomorrow, but they came like super early.... Anyways, we are finding, and the other Chai Wan Elders call, and are super urgent and and they are like "ELDERS YOU NEED TO GET HOME RIGHT NOW!" haha and we are just like "What? Why?" and they say "CUZ THE APARTMENTS ON FIRE!.... No the apartments not on fire, we got move calls but its just as important" So we start going back but its like 8:15 and we have like 45 minutes left of finding to do, so we find until 9:00, and when we get back, they won't tell me what is going on, they are just all like being all weird haha I can't remember the word to describe it haha kind of creepy. But anyways we call up the District leader and he goes from the very beginning, "Sister De Ocampo will be staying in Causeway Bay, she will be training.  Elder Rawlings, will be moving from Chai Wan to Causeway Bay, to finish Elder Jensen's Training, Elder Cox, Will be staying in Chai Wan, with the new district leader, I, Elder Powell will be going to Tai Wai, and Elder Gillis is going home... And Elder Chen.... Elder Chen will be serving as Junior companion under Elder Lui in.... In!!! Macau"  WHAT!? MACAU!? haha You guys have to understand, this is crazy! So Macau is like pretty much owned by Britain I think and the Visa is super hard to deal with! Haha I am like so excited... Like I nearly peed... My goodness haha... So I will be in Macau for Christmas! haha Anyways those are our move calls! Hahaha 

But anyways guys! I love you guys so much! I am having an amazing time out here! I promise I am being obedient :) and I have been learning so much! Haha :) I love it here :) I love you guys!! 

Love,
Elder Chen

Ps. SEND ME QUOTES!! :) haha

No comments:

Post a Comment