Sunday, June 12, 2016

9/7/15 Week Three!

Guys! I'm 1/3 of the way done with MTC!!!

I am feeling pretty good except for 12/14 of my district are sick hahaha.  Not like we are dying but we all got colds.  But I am coming up from it super nicely and I got some cough drops and ate lots of propolis so dont worry about a thing mom :) I gave elder jensen a priesthood blessing for the first time on like tuesday and I felt like a boss haha. It was so amazing to literally become a tool in gods hand. It is amazing.

On a different note, I know how to say hello in like a milion asian languages, haha, I know "Hello" in Thai, Korean, Hmong, Cambodian, Laotian, Mandarin (duh), tagolag, and Siguano? haha I dont know how to spell it. But I learned early in the MTC that people will literally start conversations everywhere. and by everywhere I mean EVERYWHERE like no joke.  I got a pass along card in the bathroom... And then someone in the stall next to mine bore their testimony to me in Russian.  I definitely felt the spirit there...

There was a really cool devotional on tuesday, elder oaks was the speaker! I felt the spirit like crazy.  He talked about the importance of sacrament and tips for missionaries. And it really made me think about like the PMG and how the Apostles seriously know what they are doing.  The PMG seriously has so much wisdom in it and i definitely urge you all to read it! It is legit one of the cooleste books in the world!!!

Oh fun story! Ummmm. I came into the MTC at 135 pounds, and now I weight myself and I am at 150.... I gained 15 freaking pounds.  So elder hansen and I are going monday to monday on a vegan diet. I really need to lose lots and lots of weight cuz I feel myself getting fat! hahaha. I am super excited tho, cuz the wraps are super bomb and so is the Almond milk! I love it all!!! :) Two elders in my district already did it! Elder Smith and Elder Stone, haha they said it wasn't that bad, so I look forward to it! Anyways, Joseph this is going to make you super happy, but two of the elders in the other cantonese district Elder Munsey and Elder Cornellis (his brother served with verina) have invited me to go lifting with them.  Like they are seriously Elder Testosterone and Elder Steal Yo Girl.  But they were all like "Come and renew your covenants in the temple of gains" and like "I'ts so easy, you pick things up and put them down haha its pretty funny. but I might join them cuz YOU CAN"T STOP THE GAIN TRAIN!!!

Anyways! I GET TO HOST ON WEDNESDAY!  I am so absolutely stoked, You guys have no idea! haha, I get to  pick things up and put them down for the new elders hahaha. I might get lost tho so i might be a little nervous hahaha. THE MTC is HUUGE!

Also just a random request for everyone!! Send me glow in the dark stars, Elder Hansen gets a package every week with glow in the dark stars and we are trying to make to room look like space! Its kind of dumb but its kind of awesesome and you guys are all jealous... Sooooo. BAM

Anyways! Thanks for all the support and love! I love reading tyour emails!!! I Love you all and dont ever forget! "You gotta Eat lightning, and Poop Thunder" - Elder Belknap!

REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!! 
Love,

Elder Jon Jon Ping Pong Chen 

List of things I left at home which would be helpful:
- A blanket (It gets kind of cold at nights)
- My 99 problems hoodie! 
- The Cat DJ T-Shirt
- My Levi Shoes (Look like vans)
- UGLY TIES

No comments:

Post a Comment