Sunday, June 12, 2016

12/7/15

Hey EVERYONE!!!!

Hahaha Guys!! This week has been such a good week! I swear there is no such thing as a bad day in Hong Kong... The Food is good, The people are great, It's Winter so I haven't been sweating a whole bunch, but things are just looking so good, Cantonese is coming better! Anyways, I have had a really good week! Haha I don't know where to start, but here goes a probably super scatter Brained letter.... :P

So, Cheng Hing Daih (Brother Jeng), He is the Elders Quorum President in the ward, last Sunday, he offered to help teach a lesson with us during the week, so Brother Tang (The Father of the Part Family) could have a fellowshipper, so we went to the lesson on Wednesday, and we were both about 15 minutes early to the Subway station, haha so we walk to Brother Tang's Apartment building, and outside, Brother Jeng starts talking about how he is looking for a new counselor for the Elders Quorum, and then he starts going through our investigators with us, and He like wants to know literally anything about them, and then when he is done asking questions about one investigator, he asks "So, Who would have a better chance at being my counselor? Brother Tang, or Other investigator?" and he did that for like four of our investigators, haha so its kind of awesome cuz its getting him super involved in the work, so we have like a super good fellowshipper. moral of the story, the missionaries need help, and you can do it! hahaha Member missionary work is the best thing that has ever happened to this companionship. And then the lesson went super well, cuz Brother Jeng is a boss, and pretty much took care of all of the questions that Brother Tang had about stuff that we don't know about... So he's a boss :P

Speaking of Lessons, We went and taught a part member family, The Chans, The Mom and the Two young children are members, but the dad is not, so let me explain, haha Elder Rawlings and Elder Cox (The Other Chai Wan Elders) are meeting with them, but Sister Chan wanted to treat us to pizza with their family, so she invited all of us, so Elder Gillis and I ended up planning a little lesson with them, but we came up with the best worst object lesson in the world, its about Commandments, and how God gave us these commandments to protect us, and how we showed it, was we got a piece of bread, like the Hong Kong Celestial Bread, and Elder Gillis put a Super hot Pepper in it... So the object lesson was that he would present this bread to me, and would tell me not to eat it, but I would eat it anyway and just have spicy pepper in my mouth.... Anyways, we go and we eat pizza, and I finish my drink.... So we get to the lesson and Elder Gillis takes this bread out... We go through our lesson and I Take a HUGE bite out of this bread, and consequently, I get like most of the pepper, and immediately my mouth goes numb hahahaha.  And all the sudden the room gets like super hot... and I have nothing to drink, the whole family is laughing, cuz I just ate a pepper... And no water haha... I don't know if there was a moral to this story, but there's a good object lesson for you.... You're welcome??

Haha This week we had zone training, it was so good!! Haha We pretty much hit every single one of our goals as a zone! It was super cool, and Elder Gillis and I are almost pulling a completely balanced week! Haha Anyways At the End, They did "Words of Wisdom" and Words of Wisdom, are just the people that are leaving share words... Of Wisdom... haha but that means Elder Gillis :'( haha anyways, Two Sister went and bore their testimonies and they were super good, and then Elder Gillis went up, He shared an amazing experience, and then bore literally the most powerful testimony, that I have ever heard in my life... Ever.   Elder Gillis is literally the coolest human in the world.... We have a good time! 

Guys!! So! I have been starting a quote book, pretty much I take a quote and I do like a page analysis on it, I have been trying to do one every day, but I am running out of quotes, so if you could send me some good quotes! that would make my life so happy! (Vicky: Uncle Iroh Quotes, Good Quotes all that yeh) Haha  One of the first one that I did was about the strength to over come, I can't remember who wrote it, but it was about how God doesn't just solve all of our problems if we pray or have faith, that is something that I needed to realize, but its obvious in everyday, that God does not give you a mountain that you can't climb, I know that because the sun still rises the next day, the next activity always comes, no matter how long the day seems, or how hard life is, I find so much Comfort in the fact that The next day is going to be here sooner than you know it.  Life is hard sometimes, but thats just how it is, But I know with 100 percent surety, that God does not leave you comfortless. I love this work, and I love learning every day, I get to look back and see how much I have learned and then I turn right back around and face forward, Because Faith is always pointed towards the Future! I love you Guys!

Love, 
Elder Jonathan Chen

This, Is Sister Cheung, VERINA, apparently she knows you... Um haha yeah... Anyways, on the very right, is Charles, he is so so so so funny, haha He likes to only speak english, and I love it!! Hahaha




No comments:

Post a Comment