Sunday, June 12, 2016

4/24/16 "A-Sihng! Sit Down.... PLEASE"

Hey Err. Body. Turn it up! I am very distracted right now. hahaha I don't know why, but this email might be the worst thing that you have ever read... So! Things to say! WORDS!!! 

So This week was really really cool I liked it a lot. So it started this Last monday, where we got a call from the bishops wife, and she's just like, "Hey! Elder Chen!! We have a service opportunity, do you elders want to come with me this Thursday and Check it out??" The only service opportunity we have right now is teaching english class, so I got stoked and we decided to check it out. So we meet the Bishops wife at this facility and its called "Old People Training Center" So that was like a fun thing to look at... We walk in, and there are just 20-30 mentally handicapped people just right there, It surprised me a little bit, but anyways, we walk in, and one of them grabs my hand, smiles super big and gives me like this really firm shoulder rub, it was great. Haha But there is quite a bit of contention there its kind of funny, so there is one man, who just walks around and just punches people in the face. and its so sad but hilarious at the same time, cuz the facilitator, or like the guard we were talking to about the whole service opportunity just would stand up in the middle and shout "A-Sihng! Choh daih lido mgoi!" and A-sihng would run and sit down for about 2 minutes, get back up and run and punch another person in the face... Straight savage is what he is. Just Savage hahahahahaha.

Haha so that was a cool thing, but we have been doing a lot of random stuff this week, from finding, to knocking doors in little villages, and we got a really cool assignment, actually from Elder Wong from the 70, he told us to visit an LA, and it was cool to get to work with him, he is really cool! Anyways that was a cool experience/Encounter.

So, Funny story, we have been going to church here for about nine weeks, and we just see this baby, and its so adorable #AsianBabies and we have no idea who's it is, because we just see her being held by like different members, and it was really confusing. So its just like the ward baby, haha pretty fun stuff.. Turns out, its Brother Chan's Grandson, (Our Ward Correlator) Probably the worst story you have heard.

Anyways, this week has been really cool because stuff happened. Oh. Ok sorry blanked out for a second, and forgot I what I wanted to type. So! This week was really cool, cuz we finally got to meet a less active, we had been calling, but he never answered/HungUp on us, but his wife brought him to General Conference, and he really liked it, and ever since then, He hasn't not come to church, its been really cool to see how the Gospel has helped his life, and its absolutely incredible.

This week I have been able to ponder a lot during personal study, and Elder Walker showed me this scripture its in 2 Nephi, but its about how God and Jesus Christ could do this work, perfectly, and take out the flawed missionaries that we are. And, I have really thought about how amazingly kind God is to us, He loves us enough to slow down his work because of our shortcomings. And I think that it's incredible to think about. I am learning so much out here, and its incredible to see God's hand in my life and in the lives of people that have the Gospel. I love this and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Anyways. I love it here.

Love you all, and I hope everything is going well!

Love,

Elder Chen


No comments:

Post a Comment