Sunday, June 12, 2016

8/31/15 WEEK DOS

HOLA!!!

GUYS I GOT TRANSFERRED TO THE SPANISH SPEAKING MISSION!!! COMO ESTAS!! 


just kidding I swear. haha but some times I wish cuz Cantonese is a killer language! haha I freaking love it cuz there are a ton of similarities between cantonese and mandarin! it kind of makes you feel awesome when you can tell the difference!

My leg is healing way well! but there is going to be a wicked coool scar even after using moms cool lotion stuff! Its going to be the cooolest battle scar. haha

I Love it here like it it so amazing everyday! haha my room mates are awesome, Elder Hansen got a ton of glow in the dark stars and we just stuck them all over the residence like literally everywhere!  Another thing that my district has done is that we got these pointers, they are just like sticks from the mtc store and we just play with them, and the inner five year old comes out in all of us and we have sword fights!! Haha! BEST PART OF IT THO! Is that ALL of them have watched AVATAR!!!!! So like when we aren't studying or we have a break, we will have a conversation, and i dont know why, but 5 out of 10 times we will somehow get to avatar haha.  

Also! The Chen Chribe has probably seen my Tai Chi video, I have begun making up Tai chi for my district, mainly the "Cut the watermelon, One for you, One for you" Haha its a party here.  Also my Chinese/Vietnamese accent is really picking up hahaha!! I Developed a Jamaican one as well.. I dont know, but whenever I get in a bad mood, I just do the jamaican accent until i feel better. Cuz I make myself laugh cuz of my own stupidity hahaha.  Its Pretty cool!

OK FOR ANY OF MY FRIENDS WHO READ THIS THAT PLAN ON SERVING A MISSION.  A good scripture to describe the food is Jeremiah 4:19. Read it.... It couldnt be any more accurate hahhaha.  But I love it here!

One of the most important and most stressed topics is Obedience, and there is a saying that "Obedience brings blessings, Exact obedience brings miracles" Its so true.  So I am doing my best to make sure I keep all of the rules haha, but Its definitely not that hard to keep the rules. But its a 16 hour day, of just studying and stuff.  So Its definitely tiring but its so worth it.

So with our "investigator" we taught her 4 lessons in this last week and they were all a ton of different experiences.  One of the coolest ones that i had was  the third one, where Elder Jensen and i walked in, and We started with just basic conversation, and we were struggling with our Cantonese a little bit, and I started into the lesson with super broken Cantonese, and Elder Jensen bumped me and he was like "Elder, We forgot to open with a prayer" So I totally stopped and luckily we weren't to far into our lesson so we asked "Ngoh Deih Houh Mh Houhyi Jouh KeiTo" (Can we say a prayer) So we said a prayer in cantonese, and after that we only used the book with all of our cantonese phrases like once.  It was so cool, to see how the spirit in the rooom can change with a simple prayer.  Our Cantonese isnt the greatest, and it was still broken, but afterwards, Elder Jensen and I were talking and both of us felt the spirit like crazy.  I love this place, cuz its like a constant feeling of the Spirit! I love it! and I love serving here it is so cool.

I did my first sealing today, and it was such a cool experience! I ALMOSt started crying mulitiple times.  I dont know why but since i was set apart, I started crying more when I bear my testimony and stuff hahaha.... Im kind of embarressed but I cant stop it, and some times it feels good to  cry. Its weird but cool hahhaa

  Although I do miss the real world, I am starting to forget faces already and like lyrics to music! and tunes! Its crazy, So Send me pictures! I miss you all! I Love you! anD THE CHURCH IS TRUE!

Once again, sorry for the scatter brained email... I still suck at this hhahaha.

Hope you Could make sense of all of it.\

Mom And Dad - Im so glad to hear you guys are doing so well! Im so happy to hear dad is going to the temple lots! MOM! How is taiwan! I hope you love it there! Im glad I could be gone so you can see your parents! I love you lots! And I love the temple! I always look for dad working on monday mornings! haha

Jeffery, Kara and Sorren: Im glad you guys are doing well as wellL! Keep killing it over in penn! I showed my companions sorren in my wallet and all of them are in love with him hahahhaa they call him "Mini Elder CHen"

Vicky: I hope califorina was so good! Good Luck with your job search, i am praying for you! and I know you'll find your perfect job! Also thanks for your letter it was awesome! I kept them! I read them a lot actually

Joseph: Hope all is well! I hope you found out what to do in college! Let me know how it goes! I plan to write sister wilkinson in like two minutes hahah!! But  I love you and Send me some pictures! I miss ya

Verina: VERINA! Thanks so much for your care package! Those takis were my saving grace! haha keep them coming haha, I read your little square notes like almost everyday! youre the best! i love you so much and I appreciate them A TON!

Love,

Elder Chen

No comments:

Post a Comment