Sunday, June 12, 2016

11/22/15 What the Corruption!

Hello Hello Hello!!

Well... There is no corruption anywhere, don't worry, since we can't say words like "Crap" and stuff like that, we found a fitting replacement.... Corruption! its a good and uplifting word! :) Haha Just kidding unrelated, I just didn't know what the subject of my email this week should be.... Sorry about it. Umm This week has been super super good! haha I love working in Hong Kong, There is literally no better feeling than coming home absolutely wiped out after a 7 hour finding day.  (Comes with opening a new companionship) But it is awesome :) It is hard, but I know that I couldn't do it if I didn't have an amazingly hilarious companion like Elder Gillis, that is super good to talk to.. Seriously. Could talk to him for about a million years... He is pretty cool. 

Anyways We got hair cuts last week, and I don't know how to speak chinese, and umm hair cuts, so, They kind of gave me an asian macklemore hair cut... :) pretty neat haha I was actually super surprised when I had my interview with Mission president and it was actually appropriate haha Phew.... Anyways our whole apartment got haircuts and it was pretty neat. Moral of the story, just learn chinese if you are going to get a hair cut in Hong Kong.... Yup :) 

Haha English Class! just kidding we are talking about what happens before english class.... ENGLISH CLASS FINDING!!!! YAAH! haha its super fun, we just go out onto the Bridge and give out fliers.... Now it sounds boring, but I found, that the more creative you get, the funner the English class finding is! haha its super funny to have like dumb conversations with the people that are just walking by. Haha Some people like walk by and we hand them a flier and they reject it and in like a super bad accent "My Engrish is better than yours" hahaha its pretty funny, but just being creative and finding new crazy ways to find makes things so much more fun!!

Finding in Hong Kong is kind of funny, cuz Hong Kong People will find the weirdest ways to avoid you... Like one of the investigators pretended to only speak Mandarin, but it was good cuz both Elder Gillis and I can speak even a little bit of mandarin and so this person tried to pull the mandarin card on us, but hehehe.... NO ESCAPING SALVATION!!! >:) haha Anyways Ill try to think of some funny stories next week!

This week, for a ward party, (Thanks Giving) We got assigned to make potatoes... for 80 people. and we had 200 Hong Kong Dollars to do so.... So like 30 ish American haha i don't know, the point is, we didn't have a lot haha. But we made the potatoes, and they were so bomb! haha super good. Anyways I don't know why I said that, but the party was what I wanted to talk about haha I thought white children in LDS ward parties were crazy.... Oh my goodness. These Chinese children are CRAZY haha its like a white Child on steroids haha but its ok because Asian Children are undeniably cute!!! I love them :) 

Anyways! We have been working with a less active member, Brother Lee, and he is so good, like he is doing super well and he has been meeting with us quite a bit, I don't know if I talked about him in past weeks, but anyways, he wants to become reactive and maybe even become a missionary! and I have been able to see him change so much as we have been able to meet with him.  And in turn, I have been able to learn so much from him, he isn't too rich, but he is so willing to share, he bought us some herbal tea, and some asian sausages (Super good, and not cheap) When we told him he didn't have to he insisted, and he said one of the coolest things in chinese that I have ever understood... He said something along the lines of "Even though i am not rich, you guys have taught me something, that no matter what it is, whether it is food or it is the Gospel, we need to share as much as we can. When we give all we have we can make room for blessings"  It really made me look at everything that I have been doing.  I kind of noticed that the times that I have energy are the times that I have been given it my all and the times where Elder Gillis and I have worked the hardest. It's a good feeling to know that both of us are serving as hard as we can. 

Elder Gillis is an amazing example of being so consecrated, even though he is on his last month of his mission, he is still working hard, if not harder than ever, it is super good motivation for me and its an amazing example of what I want to be like at the end of my mission.  He is one of the coolest Elders in the mission! and I am lucky to have him.

This week, I found an awesome scripture for literally anything.  D&C 6:34 "Therefore, fear not, little flock; do good; let Earth and Hell combine against you, for if ye are built upon my rock, they cannot prevail"  This was one of the best scriptures for me... And it was super good to be able to look at myself and just see where my foundation is.  Trying to look back and make my foundation the Savior, I can do anything! The Power of Christ is incredible. I love this work! I am doing my best do become the best missionary I can be. I love you and I miss you guys!! Stay powerful :) 

Love,
Elder Jon Jon Chen

Picture: We Had a conference today for all of the recent come missionaries... Super Powerful :) Loving it :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment