Sunday, June 12, 2016

1/3/16 Neither shall they say, Lo Here! Or Lo There

For behold, The Kingdom of God is within you!

Hello Everyone!!! This week has been a super special week, with
Christmas last week and New Years this week, I have had a lot of time
to reflect and think about not only my life as a missionary, but about
the life of everyone that we missionaries are serving. But Missionary
work is so good! Haha Hong Kong is literally the best place on earth,
and there is no other place that I would rather be.  Also, I apologize
for the lack of an email last week, the place where we email at is
pretty bad. Sorry about that.

This week has been so so good! I continue to marvel at the blessings
we receive everyday. The work here is on fire! Elder Lui has taught me
so much as I have been in Macau, mostly language haha, I have been
learning all the lessons, and all the casual words so I can learn to
get to know the people of the Ward and the investegators a lot better!
and already, I can feel my language improve a lot more. I still have
so much to learn, but I know that with Not only Elder Lui, and with
God's help I will be able to speak cantonese super soon, Elder Lui
Gave me a goal to learn 3000 new words by the end of the transfer, I
am at 1300 some right now (ShoutOut To Elder Gillis for giving me his
blank flash cards) haha.

Anyways, this week really has been super special, this New Years, we
did a super cool finding activity, we made a poster, and had people
write their new years resolution on it haha, it suprisingly worked
really well, and when they were writing we were able to share a little
bit about how God can help us, it was super cool to see all the
different resolutions, haha some of them were pretty funny, Chinese
people are the best! Finding here is 100% Different from Hong Kong,
haha thats an over statement, but the work here is so so different. We
focus a lot of reactivating Less actives, cuz thats the "Macau Mission
Vision" I won't go into the numbers, because I don't like numbers, but
we have been able to reactivate quite a few, and its awesome to see
the people start to realize how much the Gospel can help them.  There
was one Less active, His name is Yeung Yeung, the first day I was in
Macau, we found him in the Less active book and we met with him, he
was so sad, he is kind of fat, and he just complained for about 45
minutes, the first thing that we did, was invite him to read the Book
of Mormon and Pray. The next time we met him was about a week later,
and not much had changed, cuz he hadn't done that, but then we talked
about why, in the lesson, Elder Lui asked him to tell us his
conversion story, and it was super cool. We then commited him again,
one chapter a day, and pray after.  The next time we saw him was this
week. and he was so happy, he talked about how he felt the spirit so
strong, and that he didn't feel as sad has he used to.  Its hard to
describe how I felt, or how that lesson went, but it is a sure
testimony that the Gospel of Jesus Christ can change lives, When we
develop our own personal relationship with the Lord, with the Book of
Mormon, and with Jesus Christ, he helps us overcome anything. Because
like Heleman 5:12 says that when we build our foundation on Christ,
nothing can take us down. I know that too be true, and I am amazed at
every little thing, because the Gospel Changes lives! Its awesome!

Anyways... Sorry for that blurb right there, this week has been
hilarious... Because last p-day, our whole apartment bought NERF
GUNS!!! WHAAAAT!!! So much fun! haha, the church was empty, and we
were in the Cultural Hall/Multi Purpose Room/Class room its a small
church, and we had a nerf fight.... Pretty fun haha anyways, nothing
got broken, and its all good! haha but we took them back to the
apartment. and this whole week, Elder Beaumont and I have been playing
this stupid game, where we hide the gun somewhere, and pretend to do
something and then if the other person walks in we pull it out and
shoot them hahaha. We have been running out of ideas... But yesterday,
I was about to make breakfast. and I had my two peices of bread
#ToastForDayz. and I open te Toaster oven and you know what I find
inside?? Elder Beaumonts gun hahahahahaha it was so funny... What Had
happened was the night before he was planning to pull it out of the
toaster and shoot me but, I was in the bathroom at the time so he
totally forgot about it hahahaha.. SOrry bad storry.

This week we had a member investigator activity, and we walked up a
mountain that lead to a sick temple like seriously... I want to go
back hahaha... we probably will... It was some good stuff! Asians are
so awesome when they are tired hahahaaha. So much bonding :P anyways
I'll attach some pictures.

Anyways, the subject of the email... This week, I read this quote from
Elder Gillis BR Book entry to me. and its "Neiter shall they say, Lo
Here! Or Lo There, For the kingdom of God is within you" I love this
quote! Take it as you will, but I know without a shadow of a doubt
that every single one of us has potential to be the best person we can
be, like President Uchtdorf said in his General Conference talk, "WE
don't need to be more of anything to start to become what God wants us
to become"

I love you and miss you guys!!
Love,
Elder Chen




No comments:

Post a Comment