Sunday, June 12, 2016

9/28/15 T minus 22 days till Hong Kong

OMG its coming at a 100 miles an hour  Hong Kong feels like its coming so fast and I am not even prepared hahaha. So my computer is being weird haha but I will do the best I can do! haha :) But anyways this week has been so hard core. On monday, my last p-day Elder Jensen had a plantar wart, now the reason I am telling you this is because I went out to the real world guys! THE REAL WORLD!! We saw a DOG and a BABY and a (NON SISTER) Going on a run!!! Like WHAAAT #ShortShortsMakeMeTalkToMyBranchPresident.... Hahaha anyways that was probably an exciting time of my life haha.  But lets back up to about 6:20 in the morning, so I actually suck super bad at waking up in the morning. Now lets back it up all the way to the first two weeks, I had this trippy dream where I didnt wake up and Elder Smith decided to get the other three boys in our room and wake me up, by making the sound of farm animals.  So I felt so prompted to tell them this vision. This PROMPTING, haha so fastforward back to 6:30 our alamr clocks go of, and I sleep through it, haha (Note: I usually wake up at like 6:35) but Elder smith decides that right at 6:30 is the time I will be woken up, so you know where this is going.... I just hear "MOOOOO" haaha And all of them are just making ridiculous animal noises. So that happened... It was a really good Bonding experience.

Umm So Sister Lo Got Fast tracked! haha like WHAT!? haha she actually was able to be fast tracked the first time, but her visas didnt get put through. Haha, in the 6 weeks that we have been here, we called each other our siblings, haha. Our teacher (Kuok Ji Muih) is our sister, and President and Sister Lam are our Mama and papa.  Funny story funny funny story haha apparently President Penrod has a weird idea that I am being like "Straight Savage" haha but its kind of funny but weird at the same time.... Seriously I have no idea why i am telling you guys this stuff, its super ridiculous hahahaha. Sorry I like have no idea what to write, cuz this week was so spiritual i dont even know where to start (Obviously) :D haha. But anyway she left this morning, and Elder Hansen and I were like kind of way sad, haha it was really sad to see one of our best friends go but we were way stoked for her :)

Ooh so during one of my personal studies, I just kind of opened my Book Of Mormon, and it fell to somewhere in first nephi, I just read and read, and read, haha, but I marked this awesome verse, it was talking about Nephi's Interpretation of the Tree of Life, and it describes the Iron rod and the Tree of life of the Love of God, it really got me thinking about the reason we practice our faith, and I realiized that the reason we practice this faith is because we have felt the love of God, through the spirit and through the feelings that we get everytime we practice our faith. Then When i brought it out to companionship study, Elder jensen talked about our purpose as missionARIES and why the heck we are out here for two years.  What he told me was super interesting, cuz it was kind of one of things that made me feel like "How could this church not be true" If joseph Smith became a martyr for this church, and he definitely saw The Father and the Son, why in the world would it not be true, he had an apostolic witness of God.  Now the next thing that Elder jensen Talked about was kind of super awesome as well, he said that we are exactly like Joseph Smith. Joseph died for this cause because he knew it was true, he saw God, but he acted on faith, he acted on the feeling that he got from james 1:5, now elder Jensen said, we are giving up two years of our life, to serve the lord, because we read a Book and we got a feeling.  That made me feel so cool, but the point of that story was not to be fishing for compliments, the point of that story was so that we may all practice our faith, everyday, just doing little things like taking the time to pray, ever since being here, my testimony has been able to grow like crazy its kind of awesome! :)

Umm This tuesday devotional was way sweet, um Bishop Cardon Came in, and it was a reallyy unconventional devotional, He uh just took us to random scriptures, in the bible and stuff and it was crazy cool, There were so many different cool verses, but he talked about missionary work, like you would expect from a MTC Devo. Um Something that he taught was that when a missionary has strong feelings about something, it is hard for the spirit to speak to them. Its super hard for me to go into a lesson and try to let the spirit take over. because there are so many things that I have been taught to say, that I think are right, but a lot of the times, when our fake investigators will ask a question, sometimes what i say isnt what the spirit wants me to say, you know? I found that I am not learning this language by my self, there is so much to learn here, and I know that the rate I am learning cantonese at is not because of me.  I found that when I have the spirit, and I am teaching through the spirit, the words come way easier to me, but when i am going off my own words and my own brain, with the attitude that I can do it by myself, the words get stuck in my throat, and I find it terribly hard to speak and make my thoughts and turn them into words, we learn and teach by the spirit, cuz that is the only way we can learn and teach, it is super impossible to do this kind of work and not be able to feel the spirit.

We started memorizing the first vision this week haha its pretty cool :P um my cantonese is going well, and I will try and send a recording or something cuz it is kind of fun to talk it :) we have done SYL (speak Your Language) Days and its way cool to realize that you really dont need english haha, and you can carry most of your conversations in your language :) haha I feel super super bawss.

Speaking of Spirit and stuff, this week I had a really cool companionship study with Elder Jensen, where we just talked about the armor of God.  One of the coolest things is the Sword, we are armed with the sword of the spirit.  Now thats not all, the cool part about it is that it is a Two Edged sword, and the thing that elder Jensen and I thought about was, everytime that we use the sword, we pierce the hearts of an investigator or a member and that lets the gospel into our lives. Now it made sense to us, so you guys need to bear with me for a minute, The reason that It is a two edged sword is because when we pierce someones heart, because the sword has two sharp edges, we can use it to cut ourselves, so we put it together that everytime we use the sword of the spirit, we are opening our heart so that we can be filled with more gospel... 

Sorry this email has been super super weird, but i dont know I will try to figure out a special system to work out so I can do better emails, but until then this is what you get! haha

I love you all! Thank you so much :) God Bless

Love 

Elder Chen

Here is the Asian Picture :)

Our district and our teachers

No comments:

Post a Comment