Sunday, June 12, 2016

5/15/16 "THE CATHOLIC BIBLE"

Hello Everyone! 

Such a good week! So many things have happened. Once again. Haha I am proud to say, that I have memorized the area! hahaha. All 500 square feet :P Its a good area I'll tell you that. So! First things first! The area, has a crazy, his name is Franco... Franco is fun, Fun Franco! haha no, so he is super funny, but we saw him the other day, doing what crazies do, just chilling on the street... Reading his Catholic Bible. Haha we were about to go finding and we didn't have a whole lot of time so we tried to avoid him, and we failed... So he sees us. And simply speaking, I ended up with a Catholic Holy Bible and some holy water to go with it... #Baptism  Yeah. Franco is a boss.

Anyways. Fun story, so we went to a retirement home for some service activity, it was the first time anyone has ever done it in our district haha so it was really interesting... The problem is that we went in during their nap time hahaha. So a few of them were awake but they were all just really really grumpy! haha But it was hit and miss with how happy they were, so Elder Petersen and I just went down the building floor by floor... And there were like 6 floors in the place each had two sides with like 7 old people on both sides... And Uh, sadly elder petersen walked into this place and overtime, he just talked to the happiest old men... and then I sit down and I talk to a wall for about half an hour hahaha its pretty fun! Thought it was hilarious.

This week is the best cuz we saw an Recent Convert, named Bill, and bill is super funny, because he has like no interests, maybe I have told you about him before, haha its funny cuz his mom is doing everything she can to get him excited about everything, but he just likes playing games, but anyways his mom was like "Elder Chen, What do you like to do!?" And I told her that I liked to dance, and that I am sure that Bill would as well, and I told him to look up some cool youtube videos on it (Fik Shun, Quest Crew, Les Twins, Moon...) All those cool people that I worshipped before my mission, and I guess he watched a ton of them, cuz on Saturday we had a ward party and the mom was like "GREAT! When can you start teaching him how to dance" Not a Missionary success story, but an Elder Chen Success Story! 

So on Saturday, there was the greatest activity any mind has ever thought of ever... And it was a Cooking Competition, where they took the wards best cooks, and told them to make the best food that they could think of... And then we got to eat... It was delicious, and these chinese people went SO So SO SO SO Hard for it haha it as the best.

Elder Peterson is doing well haha, its a good time, fun story, so we everyday we have an hour between our work out and our study time so that we can get all ready and pretty for the days work... So I have gotten showers down to a science, I can get in and out in 2 minutes flat haha, and If I push it, I've gotten it down to a minute hahaha. But So thats how I shower, so I shower first, so I have time to Iron shirts, eat breakfast, clean up do whatever I need haha. So one day, I guess Elder Peterson was really tired, so he took a 20 minute shower... haha so thats been a joke around the apartment, so Elder Aldridge gives him 5 minutes and then the Water Heater Turns off... And Life is so efficient hahaha. Super fun.

Um Yeah. So this week was really cool cuz we got to meet a lot of our Less actives, all of them are progressing really well. Its really fun cuz I mean being new in an area gives you an excuse to ask for things like conversion stories and they are all really fun to hear. But the cool part is that these Less actives have to think about when they got  baptized and then they have a chance to share it.  And its true that I have seen them change, when they share their testimony and their story it really opens them up to the gospel you know? its hard to describe but its cool to hear how individual conversion is. 

Anyways, Thats this week! Love you guys!

Love,
Elder Chen

Picture 1: BILLL!!!!
Picture 2: 3/5 Elders in the mission that have served in tin Shui Wai, (Left to right: Elder Oquist (He served Tin Shui Wai for 14 months, One of the most beautiful men i have ever laid my eyes upon, MCM) Me, Elder McGrath (Another beautiful Man... came with me to HK)



No comments:

Post a Comment