Sunday, June 12, 2016

8/24/15 FIRST LETTER HOME!!

Hey Everyone!!

I made it till sunday! which I guess was the threshold of when time starts to fly. So anyways. When I checked in, I was led into a class room where I met my cantonese teacher and companion.  I ran into elder Spadafora and pretty much cried a little and then shortly after I ran into Elder Podzikowski, they are doing so well and I think the MTC has changed them for the better. They love it.  Our Cantonese teacher Brother Johnson is so smiley and super super super super cool.   

So Idk how to write emails, so this is going to be super scatter brained so... Sorry hahaha.

My district is soo cool. My companion is Elder Jensen, he is probably one of the coolest people ive met and it might be the "honey moon" phase but im super happy i got put with him.  Hes like a stereotypical white kid. but he has a strong testimony and its super fun to serve with him!  Our two room mates, Elder smith and elder Hansen are super cool, Elder smith has the most plain sense of humor that is just so stupid that its funny, and elder Hansen is just a funny guy, he looks kinda like Spencer Carter. its kind of funny.  Elder Stone and Elder Daplin are also pretty freaking great haha Elder Stone and Elder Smith are trying to go vegan for a week to see if they can be in the MTC without gaining weight and Elder Daplin is from the Philipines, and he is so cool! I sit next to him in class and hes pretty funny.  BY THE WAY! Elder Belknap is in my district hes super deep and like super funny so hes super fun to be around. His companion, elder wilcoxon is like a giant teddy bear, he looks mean but he is hilarious. He actually did a year of college before he came.  Helder Herzong and our DL Elder Warner are pretty good together, They are good at making sure we follow up and Elder Herzog is a little bit of a prankster, he does some weird things.  Elder Taylor is the one that I met at John Leavy's farewell. Super Super Spiritual and super super "The Best" but hes fun to talk to and Im learning to love him.  Elder Mcgrath on the other hand is probably one of the best elders Ive ever met, He is hilarious and he is HUUUUGE, like Muscular, he has like 15 abs hahaha. but idk he is so funny to hang out with. There are two sisters in our district, Sister Lo, who like already speaks cantonese so shes super helpful to have in our district and sister Gibson who is really just super kind to everyone hahaha.

I learned how to  pray and bear my testimony! haha and we taught our first lesson which was rough, to say the least.  Ummm we really didnt expect our "investigator" to be that tough on us but when Elder Jensen and I left, we just kinda felt like crap haha. THe next lesson was definitely better, and we improved but im picking up cantonese pretty well. Its pretty similar to  mandarin in the way you pronounce the pinyin so its pretty cool. haha Funny story actually.... I was talking in cantonese and then i didnt know what to say so I started speaking mandarin and all of the elders were like "WHAT THE HECK! I DIDNT KNOW YOU ALREADY SPOKE" haha so i guess that was funnier in person, but Ill just leave that in there.,

Ummm Ive definitely missed music a lot, Like a ton whenever im just sitting there, I'll start beat boxing and like doing little dance moves hahaha I miss it a ton, haha I'm also getting used to the sleep schedule and the Lavender has definitely helped a ton. Thanks mom.  I need to figure out that Sisters can't be pretty any more hahahha. Jokes. But seriously guys MODEST IS HOTTEST! Like most of these Sisters are so pretty and they are barely showing any skin. or it my be like the spirit about them. Haha its pretty cool to see how awesome every one is doing! ALSO VERINA! Do you remember MEgan Lee from Challenger??? I ran into her in the Cafeteria and shes ggoing MANDARIN SPEAKING! to california or something but thats pretty cool! haha

There have been so many ways that I have seen Gods hand in my life from learning the language to just being in such an amazing experience its super cool and Im feeling pretty good!

Mom and Dad Thanks so much for every thing that you ve done for me, Some nights when I cant sleep its cuz I think about how disrespectful I was to you two when I was back home. being in the MTC has helped me realize how important you guys are and how much you guys have helped in my up bringing! I love both of you so much! Also thanks for making strict rules haha it has made it exponentially easier for me to comply to MTC Rules! Dont worry Im obedient! haha its pretty cool Dont worry about me

Jeffery and Kara + Sorren! How have you guys been! Its been awesome being able to talk about how Jeffery is famous in Hong Kong! Im so excited to get to hong kong and look for your face everywhere. haha. I miss you guys TONS! Kara I hope youre still doing well, make MONEY in your Real Estate thats so cool that youre doing that!

VICKY: HOWS LAW SCHOOOL?  I hope youre doing welll, hope youre still on a man hunt so you dont lose 500 dollars ;) Im most definitely going to hlold you to that. :) haha but anyway THANKS YOU AND VERINA FOR THOSE NOTES! It really helped, when I opened my scriptures that first day and I saw your notes haha they definitey were what i needed. It was super Amazing.  

Joseph: i'VE Definitely told my whole district about our whole trampoline incident. They thought I was joking... But anyways hows your face!?!?!? I hope everythign is going well with savvy! haha go to the temple on monday mornings and do a session with me hahaha for nine weeks. Its super cool! umm Also Im going to email you a list of things that I need, do you think you could hook me up? Thanks!

Verina: I hope thins are all good! Getting lots of new students! I wanna hear from you! thanks so much for the notes and the little things. i keep them in my scriptures and whenevetr I need anything I look at them! It is so cool! I love you


ps vicky! when you send emails to my friends take out the family shoutouts, they dont want to read that haha. Thanks!! Also could you set up a dear elder thing! idk what it is but apparently I need it... Love you hahahaha

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!! ENJOY EVERYTHING!!! SORRY THIS LETTER WAS SCATTER BRAINED AND DIDNT MAKE SENSE> BUT IT MADE SENSE WHEN I WAS WRITING IT.... SO I ROVE YOU SO MUCH! STAY TRUE! THE CHURCH IS TRUE AND The BOOK IS BLUE!

LOVE

Elder Jonathan Chen!

Big kiss Little kiss big hug little hug  

No comments:

Post a Comment