Sunday, June 12, 2016

3/6/16 I gave a Book of Mormon to Batman.

WHAT!? 
Hey Hey Hey!!

So guys hows it going?? Good? Good! So this week is brought to you by one of the best weeks ever, haha well at least it was better than last week, and last week was before was better than the week before that!!! So things are just going up hill just like this dash mark "/" Look at that. That is my life :) I am happy. 

So one of the hugest things that happened this week, was Tolo Harbor's Zone Training, and can I Just tell you it was literally one of the coolest things in the world, Elder Anderson, our zone leader made the sickest analogy of faith with Pokemon! AHAHAHA It was so cool, now hear me out, now Pokemon is super advanced now, there are tons of algorithms that will change the out come of how strong your pokemon is, and thats like our faith, we can increase the level of the pokemon, but we need to strengthen it if we want it to last. And they said something super cool about Faith, that only God can increase our faith, but we need to Strengthen it, and that is our job. It was a really good training, I can't really explain how amazing it is because I am not Elder Anderson. Um 

So! Hahaha This week we have been working with a ton of less actives, like super cool less actives, so there is a couple that we have been working with, they are called the Lai Family, haha and they started meeting with us and they like hated each other, well there wasn't a whole lot of unity there, but when we started meeting with them, we left them with a commitment to say daily prayers together, and it didn't work since I have been in Sha Tin, but yesterday, was the first time that they came to church... Together, it was super cool and Im sure there is still a long way to go, but I know that somethings working! And it super helped my testimony of how Family is the most important unit in the Gospel.

Remember, Brother Chan Wai? The one that we taught english? So he is freaking boss, haha we went again this week and after we finished teaching them, they fed us some food, and on the table, there were some peanuts. and Elder Walker, being the weird portlandian that he is, he takes the peanut (Including the shell) and pops it in his mouth, and Chan Wai was so scared like it was so funny, so we finished food, and the whole time Chan Wai was just freaking out. Hahaha Then we saw him at church and apparently Chan Wai told sister Chan (His wife) that Elder Walker ate peanuts like that and she didn't believe it, he said, "I was like joseph smith, my wife didn't believe it, but I knew what I saw!" Hahaha it was so funny. sorry I am super bad at writing these stories...

So, we also have been able to bring sacrament to this 94 year old man in our ward, he was the president way back when Sha tin was still a branch, haha it was super cool, he has such good stories. But I am trying to memorize the Sacrament Prayer in Chinese, haha its super fun! 

Speaking of Chinese, I was on the phone with one of the Elders in our mission, he is a 本地人 (Native person) (Characters presented by Google Translate) haha um no, but he thought I was the other Elder Chan, the actual native, so that boosted my pride a little bit haha so hopefully my language gets smashed by a native when we go finding again hahaha. Good stuff...

Anyways, So one of the elders and I decided to start the "Addiction Recovery Program" Packet that the church does, but instead of addictions to things that people usually are addicted to, we started doing it to things that kept us from being the best missionaries that we can, and this week was the first time we did it, but something cool that I noticed was that every single step has something to do with the Atonement, and it was amazing, and it really helped my testimony grow about the Enabling power of the atonement, it truly is infinite and its incredible, I have seen it work in the lives of others and my own! I love this work!!

Love you guys, Hope all is well!

Love,
Elder Chen

So this was a really cool finding experience, We met this golden investigator, we taught him about the Book of Mormon, I mean he didn't talk much which was kind of hard, but I think he felt the spirit when we taught him. It was really cool! it was funny cuz he said his first name was bruce or something... Pretty neat experience



No comments:

Post a Comment