Sunday, July 3, 2016

7/3/16 My Longest Area

Yeaaaah. Moves calls came this week, and I am still in Tin Shui Wai, which means I still have a lot to learn! Super Stoked for this Transfer. Still with Elder Petersen. Yeah. Super fun stuff!! But yeah. The Ward is finally getting used to a new Elder in the ward! Hahahahaha Super sick But this week was really really good!!

First things first, I'm the realest.... No the ward is the realest thing I have ever seen. The people are boss... But I want to talk about a member in particular... Tse Man Sin (Sheila) She is an absolute boss. So Last sunday, she sent us a text saying "Elders, This is Man Sin, I am going to Salt Lake City Temple Square for my mission, and I wanted to get some teaching experiences so that I can be ready! So let me know if you need me to help in the lessons" Anyways super cool! We used her 4 times this week! Haha, cuz all she does is read scriptures all day! Hahaha She is super super super super dope! Haha like we ask her things like "What have you done today?" And she says "I read The Book of Mormon and Preach my Gospel, and then went and bought clothes for my mission" Hahaha absolute boss! Hahaha. But yeah, we used her for a lesson, and she bore like the Most powerful Testimony I have ever heard. like ever! She is so great!!

Yeah! Sorry My emails are probably full of meaningless stories that are better in person.... But you get them anyway! So Fun story, so Elder Petersen doesn't like fruit. Like Gag reflex gets activated when he partakes. But cuz of the Culture of China, they love giving fruit to you. and all that good stuff. So usually we go to a house and they give use big plate of fruit, apples or oranges, watermelon or whatever it is. Being the Amazing Companion that I am ;) I eat all of the fruit and Elder Petersen acts like he eats them. But this time, we visited a less active. Who gave us fruit... However this time we all had our individual fruit platters. With Elder Petersens Least favorite. Apples. Hahaha. I couldn't keep myself from laughing. But The Less Active insisted that he eat.  There was no way out, So I saw him take the first bite and struggle to finish it, and I see a little tear, form on his eye. HAHAHAHA. Anyways, I end up teaching most of the lesson while the LA just continues to force the fruit in hahaha super super funny. Good lesson tho.

Anyways this week we had service! super fun, we went and pulled weeds at 1:00 PM so it was pretty hot, but it was super fun! Hahaha, we pulled a dead tree out of the ground... Felt like Bear Grylls... Pretty fun stuff hahaha. 

So this week I've been focusing my studies on Patience, mainly in the Preach my Gospel in the Christlike attribute section (I Highly Recommend it) but like every other Christlike Attribute, it always comes back to the Atonement. Focusing a lot on how the Atonement is Limitless, its caused for a lot of spiritual personal studies. So, if you ever feel down. Think about the atonement!

Love,
Elder Chen

1. Man Sin!!!
2. Characters!!!!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment