Sunday, July 24, 2016

7/24/16 Sick and Dope and Everything in Between (Insert Tyga "RRRAAH")

What an amazing week! Like for realzies! No, this week really was one of the best weeks I have ever experienced in my life! One of the Longest weeks, but the fastest as well! Haha. Anyways, it all starts with a challenge, given in Zone Training. The title of the training was "I want this book to fill the world" The commitment, was for everyone to give one Book Of Mormon out Every single day. It started last week, and Elder Petersen and I gave 0 Book of Mormon out, (its caused for a lot of contention on how you say Plural form of Book of Mormon, I personally them some Book of Mormon. Or perhaps goose geese,  Beek of Mormeen, or ox, Oxen, Booken of Mormonen, Perhaps a gaggle of Geese, a gaggle of Book of Mormeen, I rest my case) Anyways The end of this story leads us to conviction, of failing at the challenge at first and then absolutely going hard for it this week. And to say the very least. It was sick and Dope and everything in between. So, we gave 13 Book of Mormeen out this week, however, my favorite one takes place in a part of our area called Ginza. Now, Ginza, is the place where a lot of street performers go to dance or to sing or to literally do anything you want, jump rope, skate board, yo-Yo, Tai Chi, break dance, eat, magic, anything. Cool so this story is focused on the dancers, if any one remembers a few weeks ago, when I met a dancer (June is his name) he was dancing with some friends and he remembered me and motioned me to go over, they were all dancing, REAALLY GOOD DANCERS... Like REAALLY GOOD! haha anyways, I started a conversation with June and he was super nice, I asked him if he’s ever talked to missionaries before, and he said that apart from me, he had never talked to a missionary, we were able to exchange numbers and Instagram hahaha and then we gave him a book of Mormon, I look forward to meeting with him and he has a lot of good potential!! Super cool guy!!

Anyways this week has been really cool cuz I was able to go on an exchange with a mandarin, Elder Ashton, he came to Tin Shui Wai, and we were able to do a lot of cool missionary activites, like Less Active finding, haha, pretty exciting.... hahaha we were discussing how we could effectively find these less actives and we came up with this really funny idea "We can Buy them fruit" haha, so I had saved a lot of money this month, and I had enough to buy fruit, so what we did, was we went to the local super market, and got apples, and we would show up to the Less Actives house and then give them some fruit, we initially bought one bag and then we knocked on doors until we gave the bag away... Anyways, Elder Ashton said it was taking too much time taking them back and forth, so he had me buy more apples so that we could just go from house to house... After that we were able to give one bag away and I bought like 10. so I spent about 150 dollars on apples and, now I have breakfast for the rest of the month hahahaha.

However, I was able to learn a lot from the exchange, he had a lot of interesting analogies about ward and missionary work, and how important it is, I was able to make some plans and actions for our companionship, and its already working out really well, we have this whole week pretty much scheduled, a few days this week, we don't even have time for our studies so thats a good feeling! haha.

Anyways, I found a really good scripture, that really helped me understand the Atonement, "All we, like sheep, have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquities of all" Mosiah 6:14 I wrote a really long thing in my study journal, but I hope perhaps you all might be able to read this chapter. It really got me motivated about the Lord and how I can be a better and more obedient missionary.

I love you all, Thanks for everything.
我愛您很Do!

Love,
Elder Jonathan Chen
陳世偉長老


No comments:

Post a Comment