Monday, August 1, 2016

7/31/16 Cockroach massacre, Estrogen Shampoo, and Pokemon.

I'm not super sure that I need to add much more to this email... Its all pretty obvious right? haha jokes anyways! So! This week was sooo soo soo funny. So in District meeting on Tuesday, the sisters came in and were just talking about how many cockroaches were in there apartment, telling all these stories. A personal favorite was Sister Meh (Pronounced "Sister May") was trying to iron one of her shirts, so she turned on the iron, and cockroaches started to crawl out because it got too hot... And then one of them got stuck by one something moving in the iron, and Sister Meh said the apartment could smell the stench of cooked cockroach haha anyways, after hearing the story, Elder Aldridge lost it and decided that our weekly service activity would be at the sisters apartment killing all of the cockroaches... So that’s
/s exactly what we did... Saturday the 30, we entered into the sisters’ apartment and killed up of 1000 cockroaches... I counted my kills... I had 213 cockroaches.... That apartment is messed up... Anyways fun story for the week.

Cool Anyways! This morning, we were buying our regular groceries, and I remembered that I ran out of shampoo. So Elder Petersen and I were looking at all this body wash, and we were going through the aisles, and then all the sudden, the price tags i was looking at, just dropped from 50 dollars to like 30 dollars (HK) So like that’s super cool, I grabbed a bottle, and realized that it was for Women... I bought it any way cuz its cheap and it smells like midnight Pomegranate... So yes. Anyways, Elder Petersen decided to buy some as well, but he was afraid because it was for the "Women Folk" Hahaha and then he asked me "Elder Chen, are you sure this is ok? Like is there like extra Estrogen in this that will make my thoughts weird?" hahahaha I laughed...

So! Pokemon Go came out this week.... And finding just got that much more entertaining, cuz people love to talk about it. Haha but that’s not the important part. The important part is that I can no longer walk through Tin Shui Wai park with no problems.... It is a gym. Therefore walking through is literally like walking through a concert.... Like what on earth, I guess going to a lot of parties before my mission helped me now.. Haha its seriously so crazy! 

So this week was actually really cool because we met 3 new investigators... But wait, there's a catch! 2 of them belong to the area of Tin Sau, our "Sister Ward" Yup... So in my time in Tin Shui Wai, haha i have given 12 turn overs to the tin Sau Sisters haha a little bit frustrating but I mean, what can you do? ahahaha but yeah the new investigators are all doing really well, have a lot of potential and I am actually really excited for the one that is here his name is Carl, and he is 70 years old and he was born in the Japanese Occupation haha so it was pretty cool to meet him, but he listens really well, and he will talk your ear off hahaha super super nice man!

Fun stuff, really so, this last Sunday, (Yesterday) was fifth Sunday so everyone came to the gym and we had a huge meeting with pretty much the whole ward.... 2 minutes before, the bishop came to us and told us that I would need to give a 40 minute talk in that portion about what the ward could do for the missionary work... With lots of prayer and soiled pants... Elder Petersen and I gave probably one of the worst talks you could ever imagine hahaha it was pretty funny! We were literally everywhere from PMG to the Liahona, to the tree of life, we went everywhere hahaha pretty  funny But it was a good week!! The Ward is amazing so there wasn't too much to talk about! So it was good!

Anyways!! Good week! keep it real my friends!! l

Love,

Elder Chen

1: Temple day
2: Look at dis Berger... 12 american dollars...





No comments:

Post a Comment