Sunday, August 7, 2016

8/7/16 Tip Toeing in my Church shoes Tryin to keep them Clean

Ay  Ay Ay Ay! What a week.... I told myself that I would write down things I wanted to send to yall.. and then the week went too fast so here's another Haphazard Email hahahahahaha! Bam! I'm talking about truth!! Like the Gospel! BAM! Anyways, cool so. this week started pretty different. We were supposed to have a Level 8 typhoon... not sure about how serious That is on the scale of Typhoonness... But sounded pretty typhoony to me, cuz they made us stay in the house where we could make calls, update records and do some planning, interesting... Yeah. Cool But then it sprinkled a little bit, and the typhoon signal went away, and we were free to go out.... Kind of disappointing because I was waiting for the Business to go DOWN, like when you hear "Level 8 Typhoon" You expect Dorothy, and Toto to to come flying out of nowhere, cuz "Dorothy THIS AIN'T KANSAS NO MORE! CHING CHING CHONG" Eh... Yeah but it was good cuz we were able to go to a lesson that we had planned right after the signal went down so I guess it was Gods Plan all along :)

Anyways! sorry for that unmissionaryesque beginning of an email, but that’s what you get so! This week was super super super super good tho! a few exciting experiences, people are crazy over here. This Friday, we had a person walk into our English class and he had really good English and he actually asked to hear about our church... He really wanted to to know a lot about the Book of Mormon so, terrible mistake on my part, I assumed that he had a Religious background of some sort, anyways, because he asked about it, I explained the story of the Book of Mormon, about LEHI and his family leaving Jerusalem to go to America, however, when I explained that he established Gods church in the Americas, something wrong clicked and um... This man thought that Lehi replaced Jesus... yeah. So the lesson came to a conclusion, where I asked him to pray (Saying I, because Elder Petersen was helping another child with English and the Man had to go soon, so we had no other way to do this than i teach this man) He began his prayer (In English, he insisted he spoke English) he said "Our dear Lehi, we ask thee, Lehi, to bless us, Thank you wonderful Lehi, for everything, Amen" It startled me, but in the End we were able to clear everything up and we set another visit with him for the Hung Shui Kiuh Elders... Nuts man...

Cool So, remember June, the dancer (mantle) or whatever I have called him in my past emails?? this week, we saw him 3 times... The first time, we talked to him about the book of Mormon, trying to get him to pray, he didn’t pray. The 2nd time, he was dancing, and he wanted me to dance, so I made a kind of silly deal with him, that if next time, he prayed with us and prayed at his home, I would dance for him, hahaha so the 3rd time. I danced for him and he prayed and he was like "Dude, I like praying" (Very Accented English) haha so that was cool, anyways while I was dancing a few people kind of stopped and stared, Elder Petersen said they were all "Surprised that there was a dancing missionary" Anyways after we left, a very kind woman (Australian) and complimented my dancing, and showed really good interest in the message that we had to share, super cool! we were able to exchange numbers, because she actually moved into our area a week prior. It was really cool!

Anyways it’s been an awesome week!! I love you guys and I hope to hear from all aof yalls!! Love you!!!

Love,
Elder Chen
 
Pictures: 1: EJ! Hes a sick kid with a mission call

Picture 2: THE FUTURE OF THE WORLD!!! YOUUUTH!!
 
 


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment