Sunday, August 21, 2016

8/14/16 Basketball is the way into A Teenage Boys heart.


Its true...I have an amazing experience to share. So. A few weeks ago, Elder Petersen and I decided that we wanted to start attending some  ward activities, to increase the trust between us and the members! So that’s what we did.... So, what had happened, is we had planned to have an investigator treat us out, and when we were done, time would be just right that we would be able to go to English class right after. We go to the Cheng out, and we over shot the time, and we ended up being at the Chapel about half an hour early... Anyways. there was a youth sports night that happens, every Friday night, and a young man, Hiu Yat, a super cool kid (Doesn't like to talk to missionaries, but has an awesome testimony) Was there, Elder Petersen and I found it fitting to go and play basketball with him, so, we loosened our ties, untucked our shirts and we played ball with him for about a half hour. The whole time we were talking to him, he stuffed me, I stole the ball from him. It was fun, anyways. The cool thing is, when Sunday came around, his mom wasn't at church, but he came and sat next to me, it was cool to know that half an hour can make someone like you like that. Anyways that was a fun experience, not sure if it made sense, but you might have to read it more than once.... Whatever.

Cool so this week was super bomb. one cool thing was that I was able to spend another Day in Hung Shui Kiuh, this time with Elder Aldridge, we had a day full of service and fun activities with the ward. We did something Called Crossroads, its pretty much this thing where you go to this like 3 acre lot with a bunch of houses and old office buildings, and you just go in and fix them up, this time we shattered windows and put new ones in, hahaha it was pretty pretty fun! haha anyways, I cut my finger a little bit, but its all healed now hahaha but it was a good time.

Anyways remember the Catholic angel? May Cheung, she is amazing, this week she called us and we were able to meet with her again over an amazing meal at Pizza Hut (Pizza is really expensive here) hahaha So, we were able to talk a little bit more about her life and how she came to be so awesome. She actually has a really interesting story, but if I told it I would need to take 2 or more hours to describe the emotion that came over the dinner table.  She shared a lot about her childhood and her marriage, how life was very unfair to her, however it was when she found the church, (Not our Church) When she established a relationship with Christ, it's when she changed, it's when she realized that she can give her burden to Christ. She isn't LDS, but I believe that she has a stronger testimony of the atonement than I do. We were able to share about the Plan of Salvation and in the end really increase her knowledge of the Atonement as well. I felt the spirit work so strongly through me, because she listened and I felt like she really understood, Unfortunately, she is not willing right now to come to our Church, however I felt in that meeting, there was significant progress made. 

Something that I have been studying and something that I have experienced so far, is that "When there is change that needs to be made, you have to realize that there is always somewhere better that you want to be that is the motivation behind all of the changes that I have made to myself have been because of that realization. Nothing happens unless you do it yourself. And then when you do change, the biggest factor is the Atonement, and that's where I find my joy. We have a Savior, who died for us, who loves us, and that is something to be excited for. I have learned it so strongly now. I love you all.

Love,
Elder Chen


Picture 1: EJ and Carmen (2 soon to be missionaries) EJ is going to Brisbane Austraillia (Shout out to Joseph)  And Carmen is going to California! Should be fun! coolest people ever!! 
Picture 2: Exchange with Elder Aldridge, Tyler is a sick member who helps us with language study all the time! English is amazing Chinese is amazing Cool stuff


No comments:

Post a Comment