Monday, August 29, 2016

8/28/16 Brother Fung (Ward Mission Leader) Is my Marriage Counselor...



YES! So this week!!! SOOOO SOOO SOO DOPE!!!! RRRAH! T-Rock! Hahaha Anyways, cool, so the subject of this email, begins yesterday. in Gospel Principles class. The Topic: Eternal Marriage The teacher: Brother Fung (The Ward Mission Leader) So in this class, there are only 4 Unmarried people in the class, Me, Elder Petersen, Sister Lee (Ward Member) And Ng Jeun Yin (Ward Member 17 years old) So as we enter the lesson, Brother Fung talks about the ordinance, what it means to be a good and honest spouse etc. etc... Then he asks me... "ELDER CHEN, Youre not married right?" "Right." "What are you doing to prepare yourself for marriage??" A little thrown off by the question, cuz. Marriage... Ew. I say "JOUH CHYUHN DOUH!" (Go On a mission) and then he asks "What are you looking for in a spouse?" Once again, barely gathering my bearings from that first question, start stuttering.... "Uh. Uh... Ngoh, mh Ji dou wo" (I don't know)  "Mei Lam gwo" (I haven't thought about it) And then he goes off. "Elder Chen, I started looking for my wife on my mission, when I was about a year in my mission, I started meeting people and seeing what I liked and what I didn't like! You know why I have such an awesome wife?? BECAUSE I Started looking early" I couldn't help but laugh.... But after a considerable thought... I decided against looking for a wife... Sorry for a terrible start to the email, but its the first story that came to mind... I mean it was funny if you were there...

Anyways! Cool! Powerful week! This week was so so so so cool, because Elder Petersen and I were able to organize a ward finding activity! Where we could get all the youth and whoever else wanted to come and go and street contact, and go Less active finding, a really cool activity actually! We have been preparing for about 2 weeks for it, calling all the people, we even got 25 ish members to sign up to come out, when the time actually came 10 people showed up, a little disappointing, but more than enough to get the work going, so that was a tender mercy already! Anyways, We split the people up into companionships, and some went and visited less actives with Elder Petersen and then some came street finding with me, and man we went hard for it, in 1 hour, we gave away a total of 25 book of Mormon, 13 Restoration pamphlets and more fliers than I can even count, it was awesome, got a lot of cool numbers Elder Petersen and i get to call now to follow up!! It was a blessing and a huge testimony builder that when the ward gets together in the work, the missionary work gets amplified infinitely, it was super cool to see all of the success, and how awesome some of the youth in the ward are at finding.

There is one in particular, that surprised me, A-Bill, one of our recent converts, of about a year, started off being so timid, he's 17 and he likes to play video games... Like a lot. Super quiet, but yeah, after like 15 minutes of street finding, he had no problem sharing his testimony, and he wasn’t afraid, I guess its not that hard to get over when you’re speaking your own language! hahaha but yeah its cool to know that the best missionaries are never wearing name tags, Elder Petersen and i have never seen so much success in finding for one hour. Powerful... Just Powerful hahaha.

Anyways, this week has been quite exciting, in a morning finding session, we were walking around, and some guy calls us over to a bench, he has a bag with a lot of stuff in it, and he's playing a Chinese flute... First thought that goes through my head.... "It’s a crazy... it’s a crazy... we'll stay for a little bit, share a message, and get gone..." hahaha turns out, he's just a master flutist... Taught elder Petersen and I how to play the flute... and in turn we were able to share a little bit about the Book of Mormon, we gave him the book. And in turn he said "I have something for you too" reaches into his big bag of stuff and fear starts to rush back into my head, "He's going to pull out like a dead rabbit or something, or like some weird Chinese herbs... I guess the same thing" Anyways. turns out he gave us two Chinese flutes... turns out I was a terribly judgmental person, he was normal, and so we continued to share a message about the book of Mormon, and yeah.... That was that... Now I play a flute to wake Elder Petersen up, so its a good time.

Ay! So moves calls came this week... Moves calls... Moves Calls... Moves Calls... So Elder Petersen is leaving. to Pok Fu Lam, in the Island zone, he was afraid of the Island because one of the missionaries in the apartment once upon a time said that there is a lot of finding to do on the island, but after telling him of my amazing Experiences in Chai Wan, he got over it... Hahaha But my new companion. for Two months at least... is... ELDER HANSEN!!!!! BLAAAH!!!! CONNIPTION!!!! HAHAHA I am way excited because he is literally my best friend in the mission, way excited but hey! Good things to come. Right? haha emails will be very exciting, filled with more exciting stories.. But hey. Good stuff. 

Anyways, good week! I love you all!! Stay safe!

Love,
Elder Jonathan Chen

Picture 1: Me and a Giant Gift That Man Sin got me, She's the best
Picture 2: On the way to the stake activity #Dope Hahahaha The hat was on just for the picture...it doesn't look like a Pokémon trainer hat, but it is a hat indeed... (TBT... Didn't take any pictures this week, so hey"




No comments:

Post a Comment