Monday, September 26, 2016

Great Great Great


Sick week this week! Lots of good stuff, but I still don't have a lot to write, so I apologize haha. This weeks email may be a little lame due to our lack of time. So, super quick, ignore all of the Typos and all of that, try to enjoy/understand this letter and know that I love you despite all of my bad grammar and spelling! Sick! So. This week starting with a few of our Lessons, We met a few Less actives and investegators (As usual) The one that comes to mind, is our lesson with Brother Tang (Less active) so we met him at 3:30, the time he said would be most convenient, when we got there, just to be safe we asked him what time he had to leave, he said 4:00, so that he could pick up his son from school. So, we thought it was perfect, we had a 30 minute lesson planned. Great stuff! Anyways, the clock hits 3:35 and we just finished the opening prayer, and his face all the sudden panicked.... Says "Oh No! i was supposed to pick my sun up at 3:00 today!" so then he runs... So that was our first lesson this week... haha bad story but no time to change it! 

Next story! starting 5 minutes before sacrament. The person who was giving a talk was sick and couldn't be here. as President Nelson Says "Ask the Missionaries" Elder Hansen and I, are both asked to give 5 minute talks, with no direction, we have no Idea what to talk about and it was a disaster on my part hahaha. I think I bore my testimony like 4 times and then almost closed like twice and because I hadn't hit 5 minutes yet just started telling stories about my family.... Yeah!! Great time!! Hahaha it was alright actually (I think)

Cool, this week, we were able to see one of our investigators, Timothy, doing really well, well, he wasn't for a little bit, we hadn't seen him for a few weeks which was a little bit worrisome,  but we finally scheduled him.So, Because Elder Hansen had never met him, and I was not sure to expect, we made a plan to go over and review all of the previous lessons he had been taught with our Ward mission leader Brother Fung, we talked about the Book of Mormon, and I believe all three of us felt impressed to speak about the three fundamental parts of gaining a testimony which are Reading scripture, Prayer, and Church attendance. In the lesson, I was able to bear my testimony, after all of us testified, We could see a change on Timothy's face, he committed to do all of these three things, he rescheduled and he actually showed up to church on Sunday, and stayed the whole time! 

Anyways, if any of you are wondering... Elder Hansen and I are doing Awesome. Still hahaha Homies for days! hahaha We talk in weird accents to each other... I don't know we turn up to primary songs... We Go ham Anyways. I'll try and make more time for this email next time!! Love you guys!!

Love,
Elder Chen 
長老 

Pictures... The three pictures we took this week hahaha oops

1. Its hot but we thought it would be a cool picture
2 and 3. Elder Hansen and I are starting our porfolios... We going to be models 
3 Attachments
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment