Sunday, September 25, 2016

Elder Hansen... WE HAVE TO FIND THE GOLD PLATES

So. This week was pretty uneventful hahahaha, but it was still awesome because why wouldn't it be??  Things are always awesome when you are part of the sickest companionship in Hong Kong/ The World. Hahaha no, but seriously life is good when you're happy... Haha Anyways... The topic has nothing to do with the email... But I guess I can explain it... So, about a week ago, we decide that we would wake up at 6:00 instead of the regular 7:00 to get more exercise in than just the half an hour.  Lets go back a little bit... Elder Hansen is 200 pounds and I am 150... we made it a goal that I could get up to 175 and he would go down to 175 so we can be Swolldiers together... Anyways, back forward. So because we wake up so early sometimes he has to wake me up... The days he has to wake me up are the days that I have the must funky dreams... Anyways I had a dream that I told someone I met at the MTC that I would find the Gold plates. So when elder Hansen shook me awake, I slapped his calf and screamed "ELDER HANSEN... WE NEED TO FIND THE GOLD PLATES"... I ran really fast that morning... (bad story)

Anyways sorry for all these stories, they are only good if you are there... Whatever... So anyways this week we finally met with another investigator, Ms. Daai. I met her once with Elder Petersen and then I met her again finally this week with Elder Hansen, because she disappeared to go do work... So, she is a tutor for autistic kids and she's super super nice. But due to the fact that she is only in business during the school year, during the summer months, she goes out and finds around 3 different Part time jobs, so she just disappears, with very little contact. So we called her, and school started a few weeks before and she was super will ing to meet.. So we did, and it was great :) we taught her the full Restoration, and she promised to pray about Joseph Smith and The Book of Mormon... So that was on Wednesday... then on Saturday, we invited her to an activity where members and investigators could come and clean the church, unfortunately she was the only one who committed to come, and showed up (of our investigators of course) the Bishop and some ward missionaries also came out. But she just hit it off with all of the Ward Members, they all love her a lot, so like we were able to teach her the Plan of Salvation and it was really good!! 

Sorry this week really wasn't super crazy or anything it was just full of awesome  blessings that we have. Someone told this to me, that Hong Kong Mission is a mission of Obedience and Miracles, and as I have kind of observed how work happens here, that all of the baptisms that we have are miracles that would not happen if we weren't in the places at the right times, with that being said, I'm going to turn into "Stereotypical Missionary Elder Chen" and say that "Obedience brings blessings and Exact obedience bring Miracles" Elder Hansen and I have set a lot of goals to be better in the sense of obedience, we weren't blatantly breaking rules, however there is always room for improvement.  As we have noticed that, Elder Hansen and I were able to set prayerful goals in places where improvement was needed, and we have already seen the blessings from it. Stephen's Baptismal date, Meeting Ms. Daai, amazing Ward support. All these miracles have come because of our strife to be more obedient to the rules that we do have.  With that being said, obedience and sacrifice are truly the things on which all of Gods blessings are Predicated. He blesses us for our obedience to his commandments, and he can help us in any aspect of our lives. And I am glad that we get to promise that to others  as we halve them come to know the Gospel.

Before I go, I do want to share something very quickly. There is a mormon message series called "Mental Health" And its by Elder Holland, it focusses on people with Mental health issues, and how they have used the Atonement to overcome their problems. There is a quote that one of the affected people says where she says "My Heavenly Father and Savior won't give up on me... So don't you quit" And as i have failed on my mission and as I have struggled to become better, I have felt that work through me. As long as we try, The Savior and his Atonement will be there, I love that so much and I just wanted to share that with you all! I love our Savior, and the support he gives to me and provides to all of you as we all strive to be better. The Church is True! 

Love,
Elder Chen

Pictures... Due to the lack of good pictures... This is what you are left with... Sorry 




No comments:

Post a Comment